Chapter 2

April POV

"Mom-can-you-get-him-to-let-go-of-me" I say in between breaths.

"Seriously Anthony, let go." my mother tells him.

He lets go.

"So why did you death grip hug her?" Cameron asks.

"Because right now, if April was in Dauntless training, she would probably be ranked first." he replies back.

"Well Alex definitaly would be ranked last." Cameron says.

"Well how about April train Alex then." My mother tells me.

"Thats only because of you, Dad, uncle Zeke, and uncle Uriah." I tell her.

"Sounds great. You'll start training today. Have fun" 

Then she tries shoving us out of the door. 

I grab Alex's ear, and I start to drag him down to the training room while he whimpers.

Once we get down to the training room,  we start on punching bags. He starts to punch, but I stop him, showing him how to actually do it. He starts to punch again, but I go behind him. grabbing his sides.

"Keep tension in your abdomen." I tell him.

Then I hear a bunch of crashing from the metal rack, along with crying. I look over and see my little brother crying. 

"Jai! What happened?" I ask him.

"I tripped and fell." 

I roll my eyes, and look up, seeing something that catches my eye. I see Alex looking around, looking for something, then he starts punching. Doing it correctly. 

"Jai. Just go home." I say. 

Then Alex starts punching badly. 

"I'm going home. Come on Tyler." I say.

Tyler follows me out of the room. We first go to his apartment. 

"HEY UNCLE URIAH!" I scream.

"HI LITTLE BEATRICE!" 

I scowl at him. 

I then leave and go back to my apartment.

***********

I wake up the next day, to see that it's Tuesday. Great I have school. 

I get up and put on a black tank-top, a pair of jeans, and my black combat boots. I put my hair up in french braid, and I grab my phone. 

"I swear if you didn't have red hair, you would look exactly like mom." Jai tells me. 

I just look at Jai. He looks a lot like me, but shorter, shorter than I was at his age of 10. 

"I swear if you weren't related to me, I would say I don't know who you are, wait I do that everyday." I tell him back.

"APRIL!" my father screams.

"Yes father." 

"We have the choosing ceremony today, get your dress on." 

"Father. I do not own a dress." 

"Then grab one of your mothers."

I walk into my moms closet, and see there is only one dress left. My favorite one. An off white,  halter top dress, with lace on the top between the two straps, and music notes covering the whole dress. There's layers of tulle underneath the skirt, making the skirt really poofy. I put on a pair of black athletic shorts underneath, and my black two inch heals. 

There's a lot of Dauntless choosing their factions today, so we have to be there. 

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yeah." 

We walk a different way, I know where we are going. Cameron and Percy's. 

"I know exactly where you guys are going. Can I just go onto the train with Brandon?" I ask.

"No." my mom says.

We get to their apartment, and my mom knocks on the door. Percy opens the door, and tells us to come in. I walk in, and turn to face the door, talking to Xavier, Alex's 16 year-old brother.

"Zay. Shut up." I say.

"No. I think my brother has a crush on you. Just by the way he looks at you, with his wide eyes." Zay says.

"How would you kn-" I can't even finish my sentence, before Xavier points behind me, telling me to turn around. 

I turn around quickly, to see Alex standing there with wide eyes, staring at me. 

"See something you like?" I ask him.

"Um... No." he answers slowly.

I turn around to talk to Xavier again, and Alex walks away.

"Yeah. Now I have a different opinion." I tell him. 

Then I feel someone, pull my arm, and I just roll my eyes. 

"What do you want Al?" I ask him. 

He slams me against the wall, and starts to kiss me. I don't do anything but just stand there, trying to get out of his grip. Xavier comes up behind him, and slaps the back of his head. 

"You're an idiot." Xavier tells Alex. 

"I second that." I say. 

We all laugh.