Chapter 8

April POV

"April? Can I talk to you?" Alex asks.

"Sure." I say. "Lets go somewhere private."

"April-" my father starts to say.

"Dad I'm not Ivan, nor Jai. I wont go somewhere private with someone, and then make out with them." I tell him.

He just rolls his eyes.

"Come on Alex." I say grabbing his arm.

We walk down to a rock by the chasm.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask him.

"Well earlier I was talking to Zay, and he said your dad keeps telling my parents that I am the reason you are acting this way. I think that we shouldn't date." he tells me.

"Dude, we ended Candor or Dauntless a little while ago." 

"I'm being serious." 

I walk past him, but he grabs my left arm with his right one.

"Let go." I say in a deadly tone. 

"No." 

I take my right arm, and slap his face as hard as I can. He takes his left hand and punches me right in my eyes. 

"You have no idea what you just started. My body is pure muscle." I tell him.

I bring my right knee up, and I hit him where is hurts. He grips harder on my left wrist, and twists. He punches me in the stomach, making me stumble backwards.

"ALEXANDER JEREMY ETHAN!" I hear someone scream.

"APRILIA WEDNESDAY COLLARDS!" I hear another person scream. 

I look back, to see the only people I don't want to see. 

My mother, and Percy. 

I walk up to them, and I push past. 

I run all the way to my apartment, not even stopping. 

When I get there, I just go to bed. I have to go to school tomorrow, and I don't feel like running on almost no sleep just because if I stay awake, then I will get back at him.

******************

When I wake up, I go and take a shower. 

When I am finished, I look in the mirror. I see a big black eye on my face, matching my bruised knuckles.

I go into my room. I pick out a thick strapped black tank top, along with a pair of black skinny jeans, kinda matching the outfit my mother worse when she made people find out about being a so called 'savage'. I put my solid black hair in two french braids, and I grab a pair of combat boots, and my phone.

I walk out of my bedroom, and into the kitchen. 

I sit down at the counter, facing the refrigerator, and I peel an orange.

"Ready for school?" Ivan asks, walking in from his bedroom, not even paying attention to anything but his phone.

"Yeah. I guess." I say.

"What is wrong with Wednesday? Even is its a school day, she is chipper, and full of energy."

I stop peeling the orange, and turn to face him. He looks up from his phone, and his eyes fill with anger. 

He walks up to me, and I turn back to peeling my orange. He takes a look at my knuckles, then back at me.

"Punching bags?" he asks.

I nod, then he looks at my face.

"Alex?" he asks.

I nod again.

"Want me to kill him?" he asks.

"No. I got it covered." I tell him.

***************************

My first class is training, taught by my mother, along with Four. 

"ROLL CALL!" Four screams. 

"Sit down if we call your name." my mother says.

"APRIL. ALEX. JAI. IVAN. MARISSA. XAVIER. JOEY. CRYSTAL. TYLER. ETHAN. AND ALANA." Four screams.

Thursday classes are always the smallest, just because when you take Training twice a week, then you are apart of the kids that are Dauntless Prodigies, but if you take the class only once, then you aren't. Very confusing.

Today we are supposed to start on punching bags. They put me and Xavier next to each other.

"Looks like Alex made a mark on you." Xavier says.

"Yup." I say back, still punching.

"He thinks its good that he did, so that way you wont be so independent if you guys start dating again."

"I wouldn't ever date him again if my dad allowed it."

"Yeah. You have a huge black eye, he would never allow it." 

"Not just that. He says that he is bad influence. How did you not know, your dad talks about it all the time."

"No he doesn't. He never mentioned it."

I stop punching, and I start to get mad. He lied to me, he is going to die.

"Whats wrong? Why did you stop?" Xavi asks. 

"He's dead." I tell Zay.

I see Alex is on the punching bag right next to the wall.

"What are you going to do?" Zay asks.

"Remember my mom told us about the day everyone found out she was a 'savage'?" I ask.

"Yea- NO APRIL. YOUR MOM WILL KILL YOU!" he screams.

"Too late." 

I walk over to Alex, with an angry look on my face. He opens his mouth to say something, but not before I slam him against the wall. One arm locking his shoulder against the wall, another on his throat. 

"I don't care if you are taller than me. I'm stronger." I tell him. "You lied to me. Now it's time to make you pay."

I take my arm off his throat, and I punch him in the face, giving him a developing black eye. 

"Don't ever lie to me again." I tell him.

I kick his leg, and I jam my knee onto his kneecap, making him yelp. 

I then walk away, going back to the punching bags. 

"Should I feel bad for my brother?" Xavier asks me.

"No idea." I tell him. "I wouldn't."

"Well good. Cause I really don't."

I smile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

967 words.