Chapter 18

April POV 

We decided to have Candor or Dauntless at my parents apartment, while they're at Uriah's. Crystal made me go shopping. 

"What about this?" she asks, holding up a black strapless dress. 

"I barely have enough of a chest to wear that for one hour, let alone for all night?" 

"Well then what about this with it?"

She holds up a bra.

I walk out of the store, and go to Dauntless Prodigy, without her following.

***

I walk over to the door, and I open it. Alex, Augustus, James, and even Justin walk in. I invited all of the people in my training group. 

As soon as Alex says eyes on me, his eyes almost pop out of his head. 

Ivan walks into the room. 

"Go change." 

"Go put a shirt on." 

"I did."

"Go put on a better one."

"Go put on actual clothes." 

I look at my outfit. Black jean jacket, black crop-top, black jeans, and black combat boots. 

"Nope."

*** 

"BLONDIE!" I yell to Xavier.

"What?" he says. "Oh, Candor." 

"Who's your crush?"

He looks around, and takes his jacket off. 

~~~~~~~~

"Pugsely?" he asks.

"Dauntless." Ivan responds. 

"I dare you to tell us why you still sleep in 'mommy and daddy's apartment'" 

He shrugs and takes off his jacket, while I laugh.

~~~~~~~~

"Wednesday?" Ivan questions.

"Dauntless!" I scream.

"I know you've gone through your fear landscape, let someone go through it." 

"I.... I can't" 

"Why?" 

"Fine. Who am I taking?"

"Alex." 

I scowl. 

"You coming?"  

He stands up, surprised. 

We get down to the simulation room, and I take a syringe out, and I shove it into both of our necks. 

"Ready?" I ask.

"For what?"

"You'll see." 

The scenery changes, as I close my eyes, until I met with a small box. I lock my arms, so it stops moving. I crawl through the small opening, and into another room. 

"This is where you'll see." I tell him. 

We walk into to the training room, and he starts messing with the punching bags. I see another Alex walk into the room, and he comes up to me, and start beating me up. I try to punch back, but he isn't affected by it. I finally lock my muscles, so its hard for him to punch, and I could fight back. He starts to punch me, but seeing it doesn't affect me, he stops.

"Damn good for a Stiff." he says.

"I AM NOT A STIFF!" I yell to him, my fist locking with his face.

When it's over I can't face the actual Alex, I only have two fears. My last one has been concurred. 

"April?" Alex asks, quietly. 

"Yeah?" 

"You're afraid of me?"

"Maybe." 

"April?"

"Alex?" 

"Hi."

"Hi." 

We go back up to the apartment, and we finish the game.