Chapter 4

April POV

When I get in my room, I close the door, lean against it, and slide down laughing.

"April!" I hear my father yell.

"yes dad?" I say through the door.

"Good job."

Confused, I open my door slowly, and see my mother sitting there, looking proud.

I walk out, and grab one of my heals, the one I placed my phone in earlier. I pull it out, and see a text from Alex

Come down to the training room, your mom and my dad say that you need to help me more.

"Where are you going?" my mother asks.

"Training room." I tell her.

Once I get down to the training room, I see Alex in there, talking to Alec.

"Hi little Beatrice." I hear Alec say.

"Hi little Zeke." I say back.

"Well played Collards. Well played."

"Lets get started Alex." I tell him.

He starts using the punching bags, actually punching right.

*******************

We are in there for about an hour.

"There. Be like that and your father might act like mine." I tell Alex.

I am leaning up against a wall, with one knee propped up, watching him put away the knives. He comes over, and leans in, putting one of his arms near my head. He has a look on his face like he wants to tell me something, but just wont. We stay like this for about a minute, before I break the silence.

"So are we just going to sit here and wait, or get the hard part over with?" I ask him.

He leans in even more, and kisses me. The worst part was, I kissed back.

The whole time I couldn't help but think "QUIT! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE HIM!" the main words are supposed to.

When he finally pulls away, he has a look on his face like "oops."

"I shouldn't have done that." he says.

He then walks off.

I hear footsteps coming close, and see a shadow coming from the darkness.

"So. April Collards. Dating Mr. Alex?"

I realize its Four.

"So. Four Eaton. Still dwelling on my mother?" I ask him.

"I swear if it wasn't for your measly little father, your mother would be with me."

"Yeah right. My mother isn't that low level of class anymore."

"Shut up. Or I will tell that little measly father of yours that you and Alex kissed."

I pull out my phone, dial my fathers number. He answers after two rings, and I put my phone on speaker.

"Yes April?" he asks.

"Mr. Four here thinks that he can ruin my life, just by keeping a secret." I tell him, not taking my eyes off of Four.

"And why is he going to do that?" he asks.

"Because he thinks he can hold me accountable, hold everything against me, making my life a living hell." I tell him, my eyes still of Four.

"Why?" my father questions, angrily.

"Because he thinks he can hold everything against me, make me be his slave, just to keep the secret that I kissed Alex."

"APRIL!" my father yells.

"Yes father?"

"Well you still hate Alex, so, okay."

"Okay. Bye."

I hang up the phone, and put it in the pocket in my dress.

"Now all better?" I ask Four.

"Another damn Beatrice. Acting like you own the place, taking charge of everything."

"Well maybe if you didn't dwell on my mother so much, you could see that I'm a combination of that 'another damn Beatrice' when I am acting nice, but also that 'another damn Anthony' everybody claims I am when I'm being normal. Get your facts straight Eaton."

"You're definitely a combination of Beatrice and Anthony, you take charge and act like a little...... never mine." he says.

"Finish it. Or be the normal coward that hides from his father, instead of sticking up for what he believes in, unless its degrading me, both of my brothers, my mother, or my father. Like I said before get you facts straight Tobias."

His eyes fill with anger, and he tries to strike at me, but I duck, and punch him back. Then my father walks in.

"April. Come on." He says.

"Bye. Four." I say sarcastically.

He just rolls his eyes.