Chapter 1

What if James Potter had a sister? A twin sister who was his complete opposite, but also his best friend. James' sister is of course a wizard. Her name is Aubrey Potter. Aubrey is a smart girl. She can figure out things faster then normal wizards.

Of course, her brother, the amazing Potter, is always known before Aubrey. Aubrey was nicer than James, but no one cared. They all liked James simply because of his looks and his troublesome ways. It doesn't bother Aubrey because she loves her brother.

-Aubrey's POV-

"James! Hurry Up!, We're gonna miss the train" I whined pulling my trunk down the stairs. James takes too long. "Alright, I'm coming" He said lugging his own trunk behind me. It was our first year at Hogwarts. I can't wait to be sorted.

When we got to Kings Cross, Dad warned us not to let anyone control us. "Geez Mum, you're acting like you'll never see us again" James said as our crying mother hugged both of us. "Bye Mum, Dad" We both said as we boarded the train.

James went off in search to find a compartment and I went to find my own. I met many interesting people while walking through the halls of the train. I found a compartment with a very pretty red head and a scary black haired looking boy. "Mine if I sit here? Everywhere else is full, and my brother ditched me" I asked. "Not at all" The redhead said smiling. "Thanks" I said and slid into the compartment. I sat across from the redhead.

"My name is Aubrey, Aubrey Potter" I said holding my hand out. The redhead shook it and said, "Lily Evans, pleased to meet you." She's so nice. "This is Severus Snape", she said introducing the scary boy. I smiled and he just looked away.

A long, and ugly, boy with long blonde hair walked by. Lucius Malfoy. My brother had warned me about him. He slid the door open to our compartment and glared at me and then smirked at Severus. "Potter? What are you doing in here? I thought you would be with your brother" he sneered. I rolled my eyes and mimicked him, "Malfoy? What are you doing here? I thought you would be with your dogs? Lestrange isn't it?, and Black?" He glared at me one last time and left.

"Lily, if you excuse me, I need to go find my brother" I said and got up. I walked down the hall until I found the compartment with my brother laughing with two other boys. He opened the door for me and said, "Hey Aubrey." I smiled and said nothing. The two boys' gazes were settled on me. It was uncomfortable.

"Right, Right, Remus, Sirius, this is my sister Aubrey, Aubrey, this is Remus, and Sirius" he said smiling. "Hi" I said silently. Sirius, I think, smiled widely and said, "Hello Aubrey." He winked at me. "Dude, don't hit on my twin sister" James said hitting Sirius. "I'm going back to my compartment now... Bye" I said awkwardly and left.

We arrived at Hogwarts 10 minutes later. I checked myself to see if I was wearing the uniform properly. "Don't worry Aubrey, you look fine" Lily said checking her own uniform. "You do too" I said. We left the train together and James was with the other two boys. Someone was guiding us to the boats, and I sat with Lily, Severus, and another boy whose name I hadn't known of.

"First years, you will be sorted into a house, this house will be like your family" a professor said. There was an old hat sitting on a stood in the front of room.

The room had 4 tables, which I assumed were house tables. The hat started to sing and most of the first years gasped. "Are you nervous?" James asked from my side. I nodded my head, "We better be in the same house." He laughed and then the professor started calling names.

When "Evans, Lily" was called the hat yelled Gryffindor almost automatically. When they called "Potter, Aubrey" the strangest thing happened. The hat talked to me.

Ah, a Potter. You have many great qualities. Maybe Ravenclaw? Where you will fit in with all of the other smart, bookworms. Or Hufflepuff? For your Hard-work and Loyalty. Or even Slytherin? For your Cunning and Resourcefulness?

Please not Slytherin.

Not Slytherin? I see. Hmm, Maybe...

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table burst out into Applause and I happily skipped next to Lily. James was called and he was in Gryffindor too. I'm not surprised. Sirius and Remus were in Gryffindor too. Severus, however, is in Slytherin, and so are Malfoy and his dogs.

"James, why didn't you tell us your sister was hot" Sirius joked during the feast. I kicked Sirius under the table and shot him a glare. "Sorry" he said quietly. I laughed and looked at James, who was observing Lily.

"Lily, do you have any siblings?" I asked. She nodded her head, "Yeah, my sister Petunia, but she's a 'muggle'. I'm a muggleborn." That is so cool. I looked at the Slytherin table and Severus was looking at Lily. "So where did you meet Severus?" I asked. "By a tree. He was the one who told me I was a witch" she said.

Interesting. "First years! Time to go to your dorms! Your uniform has already been layed out for you and your items are near your bed" a prefect said. Everyone got up and followed the house prefects to their dorms.

A lot of the older kids lingered in the common room. Catching up with their friends. I sat on a couch with James and his friends. Lily sat uncomfortably by me. "Guys, This is Lily Evans, Lily this is James, my twin brother, Sirius, and Remus" I said. She stiffly nodded her head. James smirked at her reaction.

"Bed time?" I asked Lily. She quickly nodded her head and we ran to the girls dormitory. Our beds were right next to each other.

Hogwarts is going to be interesting.