Chapter 2

“You did what?” I asked James during breakfast. “I told mum- Evans, Snivellus is staring at you” James said staring intently at Severus. “James..” I started disapprovingly. “You sound like mum. Just having fun” he said dropping his stare.

“Making fun of someone isn't fun. If I wasn't the nice one, you would probably be dead right now” I said taking a sip of water. “You don't mean that, Evans he's coming this way” he replied. Lily turned around and smiled brightly when she saw Severus. “Hey Sev” she said still smiling. James stiffened. Aw, he likes Lily, I think.

“Hey Lily” Severus replied back monotonously. “What do you want Snivellus!” Sirius snapped. I sent him a glare but it didn't affect him. “Stop Sirius” I said coldly. Remus was the only normal one. “What are you gonna do Potter? Got a crush on Snivellus eh?” he replied. That's it.

“Why are you even in Gryffindor? You seem more like a Slytherin to me” I snapped and got up. I walked to the first class we had today. Potions with Slughorn? I have yet to meet him.

“Miss Potter, you're here half an hour early” Professor said when I walked in. “Yeah, I wasn't really hungry” I said and sat down at a random desk in the front. Students started filing in 20 minutes later. Black just had to sit next to me.

“Welcome to Potions first years!” Professor Slughorn said a little too enthusiastically. “I have assigned you partners, so whoever you're sitting by, may not be your partner” he continued. Nearly everyone groaned. He waved his wand at the board and the partners were being displayed.

Oh god. I was partned up with Sirius. James got Remus. Lily was partnered with a random Slytherin. “Your partner will be your partner for the rest of the year” Slughorn said. “This is gonna be hell” Sirius groaned. “Oh shut up” I said and started doodling in my notebook.

“Whatchya drawing, Potter?” Sirius sneered stealing my notebook. Which tipped my ink bottle over and it poured all over his books. “Your fault” I said taking my notebook from him. Class is over. Yay!

“James, I hate Sirius, he's a jerk” I whined at lunch. “You're the one who said he should be in Slytherin” James replied. Gasp! He's siding with him. Evil brother. “He acted like one, and so do you. You're supposed to be nice to other people, not mean. Mum would be disappointed” I said.

“And what about you? Dad would think you're way too much of a goody two shoes, he'd be disappointed that his daughter doesn't like having fun” he said. Hmph. “Oh look it's Aubrey Snape” Sirius teased sitting down.

“Goodbye, James, Remus, Lily” I said getting up and walking to the dorms. I could've sworn someone was yelling my name, I didn't care. I just kept walking.

“Aubrey, Stop.” someone said. I slowly turned around and saw that it was Lucius. “What do ya want Malfoy?” I snapped. “Nothing, but, you're going the wrong way. The Forbidden Forest is out there” he replied. “Oh” I said and walked the right direction.

I walked into the Common Room and Lily was staring at me. “What's with you and Black?” she asked. I shrugged and said, “he's a git.” She nodded her head. “I want to be an Auror” I said randomly. She looked at me and smiled, “I'm sure you could be.”

“Lily?” I asked looking at my book of potions. “Yes?” she replied. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I asked. She shrugged.

The next day was worse. We had Defence Against The Dark Arts, and the Professor insisted we practice on each other. Lily was my partner and I was hit with a disarming curse by Sirius. “That's not fair!” I yelled. He smirked and I frowned.

I ignored him and James the rest of the day. What kind of brother is he? Going against your own sister.

I was sitting outside, by a tree, when the chants started. “Fight! Fight! Fight!” the kids were yelling. Oh god. I got up and ran to where the fights were. James and Sirius were teasing Severus. “Leave. Him. Alone.” I said drawing out my wand.