Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I need to apologize somehow to Severus. Why? I embarrassed him infront of the whole school.

I walked down to the dungeons with my cloak wrapped tightly around me. Why is it always so cold down here?

“What the bloody hell are you doing down here, Potter?” Malfoy said coldly. “Where is Severus?” I asked quietly.

“Why should I tell you?” he replied.

“I'll shove my wand up your arse if you don't” I threatened.

“He's in the potions classroom” He said scaredly.

I smiled at him and walked to the classroom Severus was supposedly in.

“Severus...” I started and stopped. Addison, from last night, was in here... with Severus, and they were kissing. I dropped my wand.

Addison pulled away from Severus.

“Aubrey! It's not what it looks like!” Sev said.

I felt the tears threatening to spill out. Why was I crying? I don't even like Severus like that, do I?

“Then what is it?” I replied coldly.

“We were studdying” Addison simply said. I looked around the class room. “Where are your books?” I asked. She used her wand and a cauldron that was brewing a Sleeping Draught appeared in front of them.

“What were you just doing then?” I asked.

Severus oppened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him. “Don't you dare say a word. Don't you ever talk to me, look at me, or even be near me!” I yelled.

I picked up my wand and shot a cold glance towards Severus.

I then ran out of the class room. Past Lucius and any other students. I ran all the way to the Gryffindor common room.

“S-s-sugar plums” I said and portrait lady opened the door looking at me concerningly.

I walked in only to be stared at by everyone. My eyes were red from crying and tears were still visible.

“Aubrey, What happened?” Lily asked when I sat down next to her near the fire place. James and Sirius were staring at me.

“I went to go apologize to someone, and...” I started, “Addison and Severus were sucking faces.” I looked at the table to avoid meeting the eyes of others.

“Aubrey, I need to speak to you. Privately” Lily said getting up. I got up and followed her into the girls' dormitory.

She made the girls that were in there leave and sat on her bed. “You like him, don't you?” She asked.

“I don't know. I don't know what I feel” I replied sighing.

“Well I suggest you figure your feelings out soon” She said.

“Wait, why?” I asked confused.

“Beauxbatons remember? He won't wait for you. He's gonna move on, and so will Sirius” She said and then covered her mouth.

“Sirius?” I asked.

“Nothing, forget I said that. Let's go have lunch!” She exclaimed. I stared at her weirdly before getting up.

“Are you okay?” James asked. I nodded my head.

“I'm hungy, aren't you?” Lily asked rubbing her tummy. I looked at her weirdly. She coughed and said in an octave higher, “Let's go, shall we?”

All three of us were giving her a weird looks, but we followed her either way.

“Remus! Peter! Would you like to join us for lunch?” Lily asked the two silent boys. Remus nodded his head and Peter shook his head. “Well alright then. Come on Moony!” James and Sirius said.

Remus followed us to the Great Hall.

I stopped when I saw three specific Slytherins glaring at me. Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Black, and Rodolphus Lestrange.

“Ignore them” Lily said and pulled me to the Gryffindor Table.

“I hate my life” I muttered and picked up a piece of toast.

“I hate it to. What? I said nothing” James joked.

“Oh shut it” I said smiled and my eyes glanced over to the Slytherin table. I looked at Severus and he mouthed, 'I need to talk to you.'

“I'll be right back” I said and walked out of the hall fast. I stood outside waiting.

A minute later Severus walked out and turned to me. “Aubrey, What you saw yesterday was nothing! She drugged me with a love potion” He explained instantly.

I laughed.

“What's so funny?” He asked confused.

“You're acting as if you're cheating on me” I said.

“But then what was that yesterday?” He asked.

I shrugged and said, “I'm a girl. They're called mood swings.”

“I don't even want to know” Severus joked.

I laughed.

“So what do you want to do?” he asked.

I looked at him confused.

“About us?” he asked.

I thought for a minute. Maybe I do like him?

“I don't know. What do you want to do?” I asked. He shrugged. “I guess we could try? I don't know what our houses are gonna think about it. What do you say?”

“Sure” he said. “Well okay then.... I'm just gonna go back now. See you at dinner? Bye” I said, hugged him, and left.

That was weird. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this...