Chaoter 6

I think the awkward atmosphere is suffocating.

“Sorry Severus, I'm going with Lily!” I said and then walked back to the Gryffindor dormitory.

What. Just. Happened!?!?! I ran into Lily. “LILY!” I exclaimed loudly. She stared at me like I was a weirdo, which I was.

“Severus just asked me to the ball and I said I was going with you” I said. She laughed and said, “I'm glad you said no to him, we're gonna be the coolest couple there.” I nodded my head.

I felt bad about turning him down, but really? I'd rather go with Lily. Poor James, I stole his date.

I helped Lily up and looked at the door when it opened. An angry Sirius with an equally angered James walked in. I smiled at my brother and he returned the smile. So it's an act with him, but Sirius?

Peter ran up to the two and whispered something. Sirius nodded his head and they left. I looked at Lily and asked, “Where are they going?” She shrugged.

“I'm gonna go get something to eat, coming?” I asked. She shook her head, “We've got homework.” I nodded my head and then left to go to the Great Hall. It was almost dinner, but I had nothing else to do.

“She's hot sure, but she's a Potter” Lucius' voice said. I crept closer to the source of sound and saw that it was Lucius and Severus. “What does that have to do with anything?” Severus replied. “She's a blood traitor, you'll get her killed” Lucius said.

I walked past them and sat at the Gryffindor table. What were they talking about? “Hi Aubrey” Sirius spat and it made me jump. Why is he so immature? I suddenly lost my appetite. I got up and walked back to the dormitory.

“That was fast” Lily said when I walked in. “Not hungry anymore” I replied and sat down on the couch. “I don't believe that” She said and sat next to me.

“Don't hate me, but I said yes to James for the ball” she said quickly. I gasped. “Oh no you didn't, now I have to say yes to Severus, thanks a lot Lily” I said faking hurt. She laughed.

“Or you could go with Sirius” she said. Oh lord no. Never. “No! How could you ever think such a thing” I said over dramatically. She shrugged and said, “I got bored and did your homework for you.”