Chapter 4- Sacrifices

Broad daylight had already arrived and we continued out on our mission. The silence the deafening. All you could hear were the caws that would come from the hawks. The silence was normal for everyone except for Naruto because of the argument last night. Sasuke and I would glare at each other every now and then.

We stopped in front of a gate. It seemed to be abandoned since it looked a bit torn apart and vandalized with words. We entered the village. There were few people but they seemed to have a look that said "Come close and you're dead". Most of them had red eyes but it wasn't Sharingan.

As we walked a loud explosion erupted from the far right of the village. I skidded backwards covering my face so dust wouldn't get in my eyes. I grunted as I twisted my ankle a bit. What the hell?! I thought. "It's him!" yelled one villager.

"It's Kisame Hoshigake!" yelled another. "Run for your lives?!" yelled the next. The villagers panicked and evacuated the whole place leaving us and the target. I looked forward and there stood Kisame. He had his sword behind him and was grinning.

Dammit! If Sasuke hadn't killed Itachi this fight wouldn't be so boring! pouted my inner. I grunted as I looked at him. And in first instance Naruto charged at him ready to punch. He swung as the target blocked it with his Samhada making Naruto scream in agony.

What? I thought. I looked closely and saw why. The sword had grown scales cutting through his flesh. I bit my thumb making it bleed and slammed it on the ground. "Summoning Jutsu!" I said thinking about a Katana.

My Katana came out from the portal and I grabbed it. I charged it him and the others followed as well. Kisame swung at me as I blocked it. His abdomen was open so I swung a kick as he brought his sword onto my shin scraping it. I landed with a thud as blood splattered.

I had no time for healing as he swung again. I rolled over dodging it as it cracked the floor. "Water Style: Water Twin Dragons!" he said as water appeared and flooded the place. Two dragons came out and swung one place to another.

I got sent back colliding into Kakashi as he stopped us from drowning. I growled in annoyance as the dragons disappeared. But not only them Kisame did as well. We waited and looked in all the directions. ...Nothing.

Suddenly a hand popped out from under Naruto and began to pull him down desperately. I grabbed my Katana and swung at the arm cutting it off. Naruto looked at the arm. It was still moving lively as it was a person. I felt the presence of someone behind me.

Turning around I was met with a scrape from Kisame's sword on my rib. I flew left colliding into Naruto and Sai. I winced at the pain. If I moved too much and my rib cage collided with my organs then it would never heal. I began to heal myself as the wound healed as some other places did as well.

I got up. I infused chakra to my fist and charged at Kisame as the others did aswell. He blocked our attacks with his sword or by kicking us. I charged it him with a chakra filled fist as he did aswell. Our fists collided making an explosion.

I sat up and looked at the others. The last face I saw was Kisame's until I blacked out.
Sasuke's POV
I watched as Sakura blacked out. Kakashi grabbed the target and slung him over his shoulder as Naruto grabbed Sakura doing the same. She seemed hurt pretty badly. Her wounds seemed to be healing. "We shall leave now" Kakashi said.

We nodded and took off back to the Hidden Leaf. Arriving we took Sakura to the hospital. She had some vital damages. "Don't worry she'll be okay" said a doctor. We nodded and watched as Sakura seemed to be mumbling something and fighting in her sleep.

"Mom... dad... don't leave me... love you... I promise... necklace... protect... forever" she said. A tear rolled down her cheeks landing on her hair. Necklace huh? I thought. I looked at the crook of her neck. There was a cherry blossom in the shape of a star with one purple colored rose.

I had the urge to ask her what happened to her parents but I ignored it and went home. I unpacked and lay on my bed. Staring at the curtains with the Uchiha crest on it I fell into a deep slunber.