T W E L V E

Jungkook

He woke to a loud sound of a door slamming, it rang through his ears. The screech of the hinges felt like they could've deafened Jungkook. Just the mere memory of the short sound made him shudder.

The boy did as he always did once he's woken up, and that was to go to the vent and listen to the boy on the other side sing. But today was different, there was no voice.

Maybe he just woke up in the middle of the night and the boy was still sleeping. But then why did his breakfast just come through the door?

His heart rate quickened, he could feel his blood pulse throughout his body as he let himself lean closer to the vent, his ear almost touching the cold metal.

He heard nothing, not a single sound. Suddenly something quickly shot under Jungkook's door. It startled him to say the least.

Picking it up and slowly unfolding it, he read the note with shaky hands.

rm 7
his name was kihyun.

"Kihyun?" Jungkook found himself repeating the name over and over aloud.

The boy with the nice voice, his name was Kihyun.

"Was?!" Jungkook whispered loudly, startling himself with the amount of anger his weak voice portrayed.

What happened to that lovely singer? Did he get out? Did he get hurt? Did he die?

Jungkook was so caught up in his thoughts, the sound of shoes smacking the cement floor didn't register in his one track mind.

"Jeon!" A guard had already opened his cell. He was standing tall above the seated boy, an angry look on his face.

Jungkook quickly shoved the note under his waist band, looking up at the man with dry eyes.

"You're out," the guard waved Jungkook to stand up, the boy quickly obliging.

"I'm what?" Jungkook somehow managed to utter a question with enough force so that his voice didn't crack whilst speaking.

"Been five months," the guard stated plainly.

Jungkook widened his eyes with surprise. Five months?!

"Come on," the guard pulled Jungkook toward the door, cuffing him as soon as he stepped out of his cell.

It'd been so long since he'd been anywhere other than that small room, his eyes kept wandering.

He was brought to the nurse, him obviously not being in great shape from barely eating in five months.

"Do you know a boy called Kihyun?" That's all the nurse could get out of him. The only thing Jungkook would willingly speak.

"No Jungkook, I don't know a Kihyun," the nurse would answer every time.

That is, until a new nurse switched with the other.

"Do you know a Kihyun?" Jungkook asked quickly.

"Kihyun?" The nurse repeated, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah! Kihyun, he has a really nice voice! He's my friend but I haven't talked to him for a while," Jungkook sighed.

"Jungkook," the nurse said sadly, holding said boy's hand with condolence. "Kihyun passed away a few weeks ago."

"But I just talked to him yesterday," Jungkook said, confused.

The nurse sighed, putting together an explanation that wouldn't put too much stress on Jungkook.

"Sometimes days just blend together down there, you couldn't have known," she said softly, careful not to trigger the boy somehow.

Jungkook only nodded, sighing as he watched the nurse finish his little check up.

"You're good to go," she smiled kindly, waving a guard to come and take the teenager away.

It was so weird seeing everyone again, like when he first got to the prison. Everything felt new.

"Jungkook," Jiyong was the first to scream, running over to the smaller, hugging him tightly.

The unfamiliar contact felt somewhat uncomfortable for him. He'd always loved hugs, but for some reason it just didn't sit right.

He found himself stepping away from Jiyong's grasp after only a few seconds of the embrace, smiling to cover his nervousness.

The contact almost made him irritated, like he wouldn't want to feel that uncomfortable again. It just felt so overwhelming, being constricted in someone else's grasp, it wasn't right.

When Jiyong looked saddened Jungkook realized he didn't even hug back in the few seconds he had to think while in the elder's arms. He just hung his hands against his thighs, occasionally tapping a random rhythm when things got awkward.

He'd never felt so alien before, it was like he'd never even known these people. Complete strangers that he's known for half a year.

What didn't make sense to Jungkook was that when he was hugged by Taehyung, a long, warm, caring embrace, he wasn't engulfed with anxiety like how he was with Jiyong's.

He found himself connecting his hand with Taehyung's, just so he wouldn't feel so alone. It was like he needed some type of contact with someone, but it could only be Taehyung.

The elder softly rubbed his thumb on the back of Jungkook's hand, it was so immensely soothing the the younger, but he didn't understand why.

Taehyung knew what it was like to be alienated, to be completely out of everything. And with that simple gesture of holding Jungkook's hand, it was like he was telling him he understood, and he cared.

--
shit got emo at the end there whoops

;) so vkook ;));;);):))

I'm trying to be philosophical and shit but I'm just tired and emo ... as always lmao

~Kai