F O U R T E E N

Jungkook

Jungkook leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder, letting out a small sigh as he mindlessly played with the older boy's hands.

It'd already nearly been one year since Jungkook was imprisoned. He wondered how Yoongi lasted seven years and was still sane when he left.

He also started wondering why Taehyung was here. He seemed so kind. His comforting presence didn't give off any bad vibes, how could he do anything wrong?

His thoughts were interrupted by the intercom, "Phone call for inmate Jeon Jungkook. Come to the phone booth in the next five minutes or you loose the call. Again, phone call for inmate Jeon Jungkook."

"Who would call me?" Jungkook asked, standing up. Of course Taehyung went with him, the younger holding his pinkie finger as they walked to the phone booth.

"Jeon Jungkook?" A security lady asked once they reached a gate. Said boy nodded.

"Only you can come in, he can wait out here," the lady said, opening the gate.

Taehyung nodded, watching Jungkook pick up the phone.

"Hello?" His voice was slightly shaky, scared to find out who was calling.

"Hey, Kook," the deep voice on the other line said. It made Jungkook's heart beat quicken and a smile nearly appear on his face.

"Yoongi?"

"Yeah."

"Why're you calling? And why now? Hasn't it been like five months since you got out?"

"Tried calling before, said you were busy. And I just... you know, kinda missed you," Yoongi's voice trailed off slightly at the end, making Jungkook's smile finally show.

"Yeah, I was in the psych thing for five months..."

"Oh my god, Jungkook! What happened?! Are you okay? Did Seokjin hurt y-"

"Hyung, I'm fine," Jungkook surprised himself when he let out a soft chuckle. "They thought I was suicidal or some shit."

"I'm so glad you're okay... I mean- you know... you're like my little pal," Yoongi chuckled. It warmed the younger's heart knowing that Yoongi was happy.

"How've you been out there in the wild?" Jungkook giggled.

"Pretty good, I've been hanging out with my brother and my friends a lot. I had this one little friend but now he's all grown up and even got himself a boyfriend and they're so cute- sorry, I got excited," Jungkook could practically hear Yoongi's smile.

"No, don't be sorry, tell me more."

"Well there's this thing call Instagram and it's really cool! Also this thing called snapchat, people have like stories and shit, but not actual stories, they're like pictures and videos and it's so cool oh my god."

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at Yoongi's excitement. And also the fact that he didn't know about those apps.

"Hey, Kook?" Yoongi sounded serious, making Jungkook's smile fade.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you have like... any chance of parole?" Jungkook had never thought about that, was he even offered parole in the first place? He did kill someone.

"I don't know." Jungkook was pouting now. He just wanted to listen to Yoongi's stories.

"You should look into it, I miss you."

"Hey, have you talked to Hoseok?" Jungkook decided to change the subject after the guard told him he had only ten minutes.

"Yeah, he said he's been clean since I left. Might even get parole if he keeps going to his councillor."

"That's good," Jungkook nodded. He leaned against the wall so he could see Taehyung waiting down the hall.

"How's Taehyung?" Jungkook was surprised with Yoongi's question. Was Yoongi going to be mad at him if he knew about them being close? "Hoseok told me you two got close. Be careful, he's not normal."

"Yoongi, none of us are normal, are you kidding me?" Jungkook was a little hurt by Yoongi's comment about Taehyung. He didn't mean to speak so rudely though.

"He's just not someone you should-" Jungkook's temper got a little out of hand as he cut the older boy off.

"There's nothing wrong with him, we've all done just as bad as him. Don't you try to speak so badly about him. At least he cares about me. What, did you want me to just sit here and wait for you? I'm allowed to make friends." Fuck, that was a little much, Jungkook. He instantly regretted saying that. What was he thinking? That was so rude.

Maybe it was the new medication he was put on after leaving the psych ward. Yeah, that's it. Just a little mood swing.

"Sorry," Jungkook muttered before Yoongi could somehow reply to that mess.

"I get it, Kook. I'm not telling you to be alone, just be careful, okay?" Yoongi's voice was still soft and gentle. Why wasn't he mad?

"Okay, sorry for getting all teenage girl on you," Jungkook chuckled. A guard then told Jungkook to finish up because he had to go back to his cell. "I gotta go."

"I'll call you again soon."

"Please do."

"Bye Kookie." Jungkook could practically hear the smile on Yoongi's face. He could imagine it, the way his eyes squinted and his teeth showed slightly. A cute smile.

"Bye."

He wished he heard more about Yoongi's life. He wanted to hear stories about anything outside of his hell hole.

Jungkook went back to Taehyung and sighed as the older took Jungkook's hand in his. What could be so bad about this guy? He's so sweet.

--
WASSUP MY DUDES

Did u miss me? Lmao I'm alive :))

More updates coming soon so pls anticipate them ily <3

~Kai