8

"Hinata..." Kageyama started, being the only one left in his room.

Hinata gulped, unsure of what to do. So, he jumped on the first idea that popped up.

Push everyone away. Don't burden them. His father had taught Hinata he was worthless, and no one needs to pity him.

"I said get out. Why are you here Kageyama? Do you want to make fun of me? I've had enough of your name calling and rudeness, so leave." Hinata said, his harsh voice slightly wavering. Hinata knew that Kageyama hasn't done anything wrong to him for a while, but he didn't know what else to say.

"But Hina-"

"LEAVE!" Hinata shouted. A biting silence ensued.

Kageyama was never good at making someone feel better. He needed to think, fast. Before Hinata had the chance to yell again.

"Hinata, you can't do this. The team is here to help, I'm here to help. You're hurting us too, so please let us help you."

But the response Hinata gave was not one that Kageyama expected.

"Then I quit."

Hinata quit volleyball. It would be a hard concept for anyone to grasp, but it hit Kageyama extra hard. Would he have to go back to being the lonely King?

Kageyama thought he was helping, even if it was small he was making progress. But that was just false hope he should've brushed aside. His so called 'comforting words' we're only making things worse. He needed the teams help. So, he took his leave. Just like the rest of the team.