After

Kageyama was in college now, long over Hinata's death. He definitely missed him, sure. But he was over it.

He had dated around, some girls and guys, but he soon realized that they couldn't fill the hole Hinata left. They were just lame attempts at a relationship.

Whenever he got into a relationship he would read Hinata's letter, and realize that he could never love anyone else.

Whenever he ended a relationship he would go to Hinata's grave and apologize. He was doing nothing wrong, just trying to move on. Hinata would be happy that he was moving on. But Kageyama still felt wrong with someone else.

Kageyama was no longer playing volleyball. He quit after Hinata's death. The karasuno team could never really get back onto their feet, but they still tried.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Father jailed for domestic abuse."

Kageyama was scrolling through the channels on the television when he saw something that interested him.

"Hinata Akihito was put in jail after abusing his son, daughter and wife. He was a former business man who turned to alcohol once fired. He both physically and mentally abused his entire family, and drove his son to suicide. Finally, after keeping this secret, Hinata Ichiko has told the police. He will now be in jail for six years and Akihito and Ichiko will be getting a divorce, with Ichiko having full custody of their daughter Natsu. It's sad to say that there son couldn't live to escape from his fathers wrath. Hinata Shōyo will be dearly missed."

Pictures of the family were shown on the screen. They were all smiling brightly, and happy to have finally found freedom. Then, a picture of Hinata was shown on the screen.

"Shōyo..." Kageyama said as he looked at the screen. He had missed Hinata more than he liked to admit.

"Hey man are you okay?" Kageyama's new roommate, Kinji, asked.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine." Kageyama said, still staring at the television.

"It's sad what happened to the boy. He looked so happy in all of those pictures."

"He was."

"Oh, so you knew him?"

"I didn't just know him. I loved him." Kageyama said as he turned to Kinji with sad eyes.

"O-oh. I'm sorry to hear about what happened." Kinji said.

"No, it's fine. We were never in a relationship, but we were very close friends. I'm over him now though."

"Okay." Kinji spoke. "I have to go meet up with my friend Shikō. Goodbye"

Kageyama gulped as a tear rolled down his face.

"I miss you Shōyo.."

Dear reader,
Prepare for the next few chapters. I'm not planning on doing anything sad, just writing the letters that Shōyo wrote to his friends and an alternate ending. Also I'm sorry @ my friend Akihito. I was just hanging out with him and his brother so I used his name.
Sincerely,
Chihiro