Besties or whateva

Kenya's POV

"I'm in school to be a high school math teacher" I told J's mom.

"Oh really now? My son done finally brought home a girl that's got some brains" she laughed and I awkwardly giggled.

"um me and Jeremy aren't together. He was gonna give me a ride home when he got shot. I did CPR on him and put pressure on his wounds until the ambulance came" I explained, "we don't know each other that well".

"So you did all that plus nursed him back to health at that hospital and you never met him before?" She said catching on to me.

"Uh so I um went to high school with Jeremy and we ran into each other at the club. I was picked on a lot because of the situation my mom was in and Jeremy stood up for me from time to time" I explained holding my head down. High school was the worst times of my life and talking about it made me feel like I was reliving it.

"Well those people are fools cause look 'atcha now. You're a beautiful woman with the brains to match" she said earning a smile from me.

"Now go wash up for dinner. The wash room is down the hall to the left and some face clothes are under the sink" she said chopping up vegetables for the salad.

"Yes ma'am" I said headed towards the bathroom.

We all ate dinner in their fancy dining room. J's dad didn't speak to me at all. He didn't even notice I was there to be honest. We all finished and his mom was collecting our plates.

"It's about time I head out, it's getting late and I gotta head to work" I said without even thinking. They gonna ask where I work.

"Oh so soon? Where you work?" His mom asked.

"I uh- she's a dance instructor" J cut me off.
"You got that adult class tonight don't chu?" He said with a smirk letting me know he had my back and to go along with it.

"Yeah, yeah it's a salsa class" I said with a nervous smile.

"Hmmm a dancer now? I might have to come see whatcha working with and take a class sweetie" his mom said.

My eyes got wide and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Yeah well I better be heading out. It was nice to meet you all" I turned on my heels.

"Hol' up ma' Ima walk you out" I heard Jeremy say and he followed me out.

We walked to my car in a comfortable silence. His chocolate skin was glowing in the moonlight and I literally couldn't help but feel a bit nervous about him being close to me.

We made it to my car and he held my door open.

"Thank you fa everything ma'. You ain't have to do none of it forreal" he said looking into my eyes.

"It's nothing, that's what friends do I guess and thanks for saving me the embarrassment of my job back there" I said playing with my fingers. A habit I've formed when I get nervous.

"Oh we friends now? And no problem ma" He said lifting up my chin to look at him. I shrugged and looked away from him.

"I guess so, my number is in your phone. If you need anything, just hit me up" I said climbing into the car.

He nodded and hit the roof of my car twice signaling me that it was cool to drive off, and I did so.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Money's POV

It's been a few weeks since my I been home and my pops been gettin on my nerves. I'm feeling a lot betta so I'm back on tha grind.