one

[ intended lowercase ]

i am lee jae eun.

many people know me as the actress that occasionally appears on commercials and has some of the leading female roles in korean dramas.

i genuinely did love my job.

i always had this flair for acting, ever since i was young. i was convinced that i wanted to be an actress when i was about eight years old and i got casted to be a little kiddy model for children's clothing.

then it went to getting casted to be in several miniseries and skits. then it increased from then on.

while having my acting career, i did go to school. i wasn't the best student but i did fairly well. i didn't cause any trouble.

mainly because 'school' was in the company and my classmates were just as busy as i was.

we all had one goal and that was to get this over with, so we could fully focus on our careers.

my best friend since we were practically in diapers rose to fame as well. he debuted in 2015 with twelve other guys.

you may know him as s.coups, the leader of seventeen. but i know him as choi seungcheol.

the boy who would tug on my hair playfully but punch anyone else who would do the same.

we were practically attached at the hip, seeing as that we did everything together.

at award shows, you'd see that i was maybe a row in front or behind him. we were always within each other's reach.

the public new of our friendship, but didn't think much of it, as compared to his 'ships' with some girl group members.

this really didn't disturb me, seeing as that i was there when he was getting his first girlfriend.

" " " " " " "

i stepped out of the van, adjusting my clothes before i eyed the set up equipment. it looked pretty cool, even though i've seen this a million times before.

"jae eun-ah. we'll be starting in five minutes." the director says, giving me a ready sign. i nod, returning it with a smile.

i decide to check my phone and as usual, a whole string of messages begin to flood in.

seungcheol :
- jae eun-ah, what time do you end filming today?
- let's have some ice cream.
- the guys are screaming for me to tell you they said hi.
- it's been three days since i last saw you. i'm surprised i'm still alive. [ i'm sweet :) ]

i chuckle as i read the last one, deciding to reply him with a short message.

me :
- not too sure how long i'll be today. i'll text you when i'm done. but if you get tired of waiting just go get some with the boys.
- don't wait on me! i miss you too seungcheolie :)

and just as i sent that text message, the director calls for me. i nod, going over to where i was supposed to enter the frame from.

"action!"

i slowly walked with a basket in hand, placing it down on the grass gently before i laid out the picnic mat.

i sat cross legged underneath the tree, leaning against it as i sat cross legged with a book in hand.

"boo!" joo hyuk shouts, shocking me as i shook my head, showing clear signs of being annoyed.

"sorry. what are you doing here? isn't it lunch?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "aish.. you're ruining my time alone." i complained, pushing him away from me as i went back to my book.

and as you could imagine, the scene went on very stereotypically. there wasn't really that much to anticipate because it was the ending of this series anyway.

soon, filming came to an end. i looked down at my watch, seeing that it was eight in the evening. i shrugged it off, getting into the car and texting seungcheol.

me :
- seungcheol-ah! filming just ended ^.^
- are you still up for ice cream?

and instead of getting a text back, he calls me.

"hyung! you shouldn't call her. you're drunk." i hear mingyu protest. "oppa?" i said, furrowing my eyebrows. "woah.. lee jae eun, have you finally decided to text me?" he asks with a chuckle.

"oppa.. have you been drinking?" i asked, asking for the driver to start the car, gesturing for him to go to the seventeen dorm.

"ne.. i know you don't want me to drink. but what else am i supposed to do? my best friend isn't here to stop me." he says with a sigh, making him sound extremely pitiful.

"i'm sorry, but i had a schedule for today. i'm coming to the dorm now, wait for me?" i questioned.

"i always do, don't i?"