twelve

"hello?" i said, not bothering to look at the caller id as i unlocked the door.

"hey, it's me." seungcheol says, his voice sounding a little hoarse. "are you sick or something?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows as i locked the door behind me, placing the keys on the counter.

"no, we just went out to play basketball and it was a big court." he says with a chuckle as i hear water being poured in the background.

"sounds fun. i just went on asc today." i said as i went to the kitchen to grab a banana.

"really? how was it?" he asks as i hear interest grow in his voice. "you'll have to watch to find out." i said with a chuckle, switching the call option to speaker mode as i laid my phone flat on the kitchen counter.

"i'll look forward to it then." he says, laughing along with me. "do you want me to bring you dinner?" he asks suddenly.

"huh? uhm.. sure i guess." i said with a shrug before realising that he couldn't actually see me.

"alright, is there anything you want in particular?" he asks before i hear a door shut. "hold that. i'm pretty sure you want a cheeseburger." he says, making me laugh.

"thanks cheol." i said, making him hum. "no problem. i'm making you watch a horror movie in return though." he says before hanging up so i couldn't protest.

i let out a sigh, mentally preparing myself for when he gets here.

then it hit me.

well.. sorry seungcheol but i don't think we'll be able to watch horror movies today.

------

"i've got the food!" seungcheol yells from outside my door. i rush over quickly, opening the door and letting him in.

"let's eat. i'm starving." he says, greeting me with a smile. "alright." i said as i locked the door, following behind him after i placed the keys on the counter.

"here you are, miss jae eun, a double cheeseburger with no pickles and no mustard." he states, placing the burger in front of me.

"what did you get for yourself?" i asked, looking over to see that he had ordered the same thing, just that his contained pickles and mustard.

"copycat." i said with a smirk. he chuckles, rolling his eyes. "let's play a game." he says as he unwraps his burger. i hum for him to continue.

"first one to finish, wins." he says with a wide smile. "ani. i want to
enjoy my food." i said, shaking my head. "come on!" he says with a frown, making me laugh.

"you're no fun." he says as he moves over to sit next to me. my phone vibrates. "they released the episode early." i said as i read the notification on my phone.

"let's watch it!" he says, turning on the tv. i let out a sigh, watching as the episode gets played.

soon as the episode progressed and it eventually got to the part where i referred to him as my friend, he nods, coming up with some handshake which he does with himself.

i laugh at how ridiculous he looked, shaking my head. "look. look." i said, pointing to the screen as it showed me telling them about the sweetest thing he's done for me.

"our friendship at that time was the only thing that mattered most to me. i hated school, the only reason why i went, was to see him." i said, making me smile as i hear myself say that.

"woah.. how sweet of you." he cooed, looking at me. i chuckled. "you're welcome." i said, dusting my shoulders to show off.

"i cherished our friendship too." he says, taking my hand into his. i looked at him as he stroked the edge of my hand with his thumb.

"but i'm not stopping there." he says, looking at me so our eyes met as a smile grows on his face.

"i'm in it for the long run." he says with a wink.