three

"today we have the popular pair, joo eun, with us on the show." the host said, giving us a smile.

we waved and bowed, greeting the live audience in the studio.

"please introduce yourselves." he says.

"annyeonghaseyo, i'm nam joo hyuk and i play joo hyuk in best lovers." joo hyuk says, giving the camera a bright smile.

"annyeonghaseyo, i'm lee jae eun and i play jae eun in best lovers." i greeted, bowing as i waved.

"so what is it like, filming the movie together?" the host said, looking over to us.

joo hyuk looks at me and gestures for me to answer.

"well, personally i felt that it was very different. usually i know my costars outside of work. but i feel that because we meet for the first time in the movie as well, it very much portrayed how two individuals meet for the first time." i explained, gesturing to joo hyuk and i.

"ditto." joo hyuk says, making us all laugh. i give him a playful shove, shaking my head disapprovingly.

"it seems to me that the chemistry shown in the movie is very much real, don't all of you agree?" the host asks, earning screams from the audience.

"we practically see each other twice a week and when we make mistakes while filming and when we practice our lines, you get to see us as we are and not our characters. so i feel like through that, we got to know each other as well." joo hyuk explains.

"have any of you ever thought, it would be nice to be like this in real life." the host asks.

i immediately start laughing as joo hyuk clears his throat. we look at each other for approval then over to our publicists, who give their approval.

"well, some time during the time where our characters had just started going out with each other, we tried to as well." joo hyuk says, scratching behind his neck.

"i didn't even know that we were a thing, i thought we were going out because we were friends." i admitted honestly.

"omo.." the host says in a pitiful tone. "don't make me feel bad." i whined, as i kicked my legs around. joo hyuk laughs, shaking his head.

"has there ever been a confrontation between you, joo hyuk, and choi seungcheol from seventeen?" the host asks.

i shrugged, looking over to joo hyuk who nods.

"there was this point in time where he messaged me."

then he begins to explain the text, reading from his phone while i peeked over his shoulder.

seungcheol :
- hey hyung, i've got tons of respect for you. but i've got way more respect for jae.
- it's all good until i see her crying over you. date her if you want, but if i see her eyes redden and water up because of you, i'll make sure you feel ten times more of her pain.

"omo.. your best friend is extremely protective over you, jae eun-ah." the host says. i nod.

"it's fine.. i'd do the same for him if he was going out with someone."

then it struck me.

i didn't know who the girl was. i only know that she was seventeen's manager for the time being.

-----

i decide to call seungcheol, as usual.

"oppa, i just finished an interview." i said as i got into the car. "how was it?" he asks as i hear some cutlery clashing.

"it was good. cheol-ah, where are you?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "ah.. our substitute manager's treating the boys and i to dinner." he explains.

"ah.. is that so? go and enjoy yourself. eat well." i said as i forced a small smile. "ne.. go home safely and text me when you get back." he says.

i hummed in response, looking out the window as the car began to move. i hear him sigh on the other end.

"you're upset, aren't you?"

somehow, his voice seemed to be so comforting as if he knew i was hurting inside.

"ani.. enjoy yourself, oppa. i should get going." i said.

"alright.. bye jae.. i love you." he says. "ne." i answered, hanging up. i let myself sink into the car seat as my eyes began to water.

what if the guys begin to like her more than they like me.. what if they prefer her over me..

what if seungcheol prefers her over me?