eighteen

"and as a special guest we have lee jae eun." lee teuk says, gesturing me to go over. the boys were not expecting me to appear, which showed in their reactions.

i bowed politely to the mcs, giving them a smile as i sat down.

"it's been awhile since we've had you on the show, welcome back jae eun."

i smiled, nodding my head.

"please tell the people watching what you're up to and what's to come. introduce yourself too please."

"annyeonghaseyo, lee jae eun inmida."

"as of right now, we're working on a drama series with joo hyuk and jisoo sunbaenim, called 'happily ever after' please look forward to it." i said, giving the camera a smile.

the boys clapped, giving their reactions as well.

"we actually have a main reason why you're here, but let's go on with the show for now." the mc says, which i agreed with, unsure of what i was here for.

"the last time the boys were here, they acted with a singer. now, they'll be acting with you."

"i can't take her seriously though." jeonghan says, making joshua agree. "why not?" the mc asks, having an amused expression.

"outside of work, she's our friend as well. she fools around and she's extremely blur. so if i try to act seriously with her, i'll end up laughing." joshua explains, making me frown.

"hey, i'm not that hard to work with." i asked with a frown. "actors like nam joo hyuk, lee min ho, choi min ho have acted with her." the mcs say, making me nod.

i smiled as i began to remember all the different memories of being in scenes with them.

"your suzy sunbaenim approved of you!" the mc points out, as i nodded.

"alright, let's give it a go." seungcheol says, encouraging his members before his eyes land on me and he gives me a smile.

================

"you.. you are nothing to me." i said as i looked at mingyu, earning reactions from the rest as they leaned over the panel.

"you said you loved me." mingyu responds, earning reactions as well. "omo.. heartbreaker." jun says.

i bit the inside of my cheek as i began to remember what happened to seungcheol and i.

"jae eun-ah." mingyu calls, snapping me back into reality. i noticed that he was covering for me.

"i know how you truly feel."

"no you don't. you've only been paying attention to yourself. how would you know how i feel?" i asked, as i shook my head.

"i care about you." mingyu responds.

i shook my head, unable to continue this. i decide to cover it up with a laugh, making the others laugh as well as they clapped.

"that was nice while it lasted." the mc says as he brings us to another segment of the show.

but throughout the show, i was stuck on seungcheol and i.

"how are you going to stay friends with someone you're in love with?"

i remembered joshua saying that to me while the others were cleaning up and he was sending me home.

"if you don't tell him how you feel soon.. then i will. i'll tell him on your behalf, with or without your consent."

i knew that he only threatened that because he wanted me to overcome my fear of confrontation.

maybe i should talk to seungcheol.. about us this time. about how i feel.

and that i did.

after the show, i grabbed him by the arm and brought him up to the rooftop of the building, unsure of where else i could say this to him without being exposed to the public.

"what's up?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he looks at me with an amused face. i raised a hand for him to pause, letting me catch my breath.

"i've been meaning to tell you this.. since the day we went out for coffee." i said. "jae-" "no, i really can't hold it in any longer." i said, making him sigh.

"i still love you.. and i know that i sound pathetic. i was the one who broke us up and i'm here," i started as my words came out faster and faster.

"i was afraid. and i didn't tell you this sooner because of my stupid ego." i said with a sigh. "choi seungcheol. i still love you and it hurt me, seeing you, being happy with hana even though your relationship was fake." i admitted.

"i was-"

he pulls me up against his chest, with a smile as he tilts my chin up so my eyes met his as he slowly leans in.

his eyes were now shut and his lips were planted on mine.

my eyes widened as i stood there, still full of shock.

"i know how you feel, jae.. i love you too." he whispers as he presses his forehead against mine.

* e n d *