fourteen

>time fast forward<
>2 years later<

"unnie! sign this please."
"unnie can you say hi to my friend?"
"unnie, have this please."
"noona, can you take a picture with me?"

i heard a loud screech before a few gasps were heard. i worriedly turned around to see a fan on the ground as paparazzi continued to snap their pictures, not bothering to help her up.

"get out of the way." i said, as loudly as i could while still being polite. i squat down, pulling her up and helping her pick up her bag.

"are you okay?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows as i placed a hand on her shoulder. "y-yes.." she stutters as she dusts off her clothes. i give her a small hug.

"i'm so sorry, you guys shouldn't have to deal with this. take care." i said, giving the fans a smile before heading into the building.

i shook my head disapprovingly as i let out a sigh. i felt guilty. i didn't like how the fans were being treated. aggressive paparazzi and innocent little teenagers do not mix.

"hey jae. you alright?" joo hyuk asks as he walks over to the vending machine. "yeah.. i'm just worried for the girls out there." i said, looking out of the building through the glass doors.

"it's been brutal nowadays, huh?" he asks with a sigh. i nod, agreeing with him before looking away from the people crowded outside the building.

"that's a big van.." joo hyuk says, his eyes widening. i nod. "the crowd's getting bigger." i pointed out.

soon, i felt my heart drop to my stomach as seventeen walked out of that van. they had masks on but of course, their signature hairstyles made it obvious that they were seventeen.

"that was an experience." seungkwan says as he walks into the building with the rest.

"feels great to be back in korea." jeonghan says as he begins to eye the building. then his eyes land on me.

a small smile grows on his face as he waves. soon, the other members begin to notice.

i realised that seungcheol wasn't here. which made me curious.

"noona!" vernon calls, waving vigorously. i smile, waving back. "i'll head in first. you should stay and catch up with them." joo hyuk says, giving me a light pat on the shoulder before he leaves.

"noona.. i don't think you'll want t stay for any longer." minghao says as he watches the door. "why? are you guys getting rid of me already?" i asked with an awkward chuckle.

"no.. it's because.. seungcheol-" "i'll be fine, joshua. we're all practically adults. plus, it's not like i can hide from my problems forever." i said, giving him a small smile. "woah. you really did mature." jun says with a smirk.

"hey, i wasn't that childish." i said with a frown, making them coo.

"so what do you think of hyung's girlfriend?" woozi asks, with a sigh. "girlfriend?" i asked, my eyes widening.

"yeah. i mean-" "she didn't know." mingyu says with a sigh.

"it's fine. i can't expect anything. we broke up. he's free to do whatever he wants." i said, shrugging it off.

"you go girl." vernon says in english, snapping his fingers, making me laugh. "girl power." seungkwan says as he places a hand on his hip and flips his non existent hair.

"i'll get going." i said, giving them a final smile before turning around to walk around.

"we'll see you around, jae!" i hear wonwoo say. i turn around once more, waving before actually walking off.

i've missed you all.
how have all of you been?

stay happy please.
don't worry about me.

i'll be fine.

seungcheol..

i hope you're happy.
do whatever you want.
i don't hate you.

take care.