eleven

"hello everybody, i'm lee jae eun from best lovers and it's such an honour to be here on after school club." i said, bowing towards the camera and crew.

"ne.. tell us jae eun. how is it being one of the youngest actresses to have leading roles in several kdramas and movies." jimin says, giving me a smile.

"at first, i didn't really realise it until people began to bring it up to me. i'm proud of how far i've come and i hope to help others in their journey as well." i said, giving her a smile.

"you speak fluent english. could you explain your background to us? like of where you were born and so on." jae says. i nod.

"well, i was born in korea. daegu, to be exact. i pretty much lived there my entire life until i was street casted at my school's fundraising event. when my close friend, i'm sure you guys know him, choi seungcheol, otherwise known as s.coups got into seventeen, there were two of them who could speak english," i said, they nodded as they began to understand.

"so you learnt english from the two english speaking members, joshua and vernon." kevin says, making me nod.

"they're really young and talented, much like all the other idol groups. when they perform, it's like the entire stage is alive. i think that they have certainly used the fact that they have thirteen members to their advantage." jae says.

"it's only a hassle when you go out to eat with them. it's really difficult to get a table to fit fourteen people." i said with a chuckle, making them laugh as well.

"do you hang out with them very often?" jimin asks.

"well, they're like my family. i guess you could say that we do hang out pretty often." i said with a smile.

"speaking of which, is there any one of the members who have.. you know, caught your interest?" kevin asks as he wiggles his eyebrows.

i chuckle as they start their chorus of 'oooo's. i was unsure of what to answer.

i guess i'll just keep it a secret.

"no, we're all just friends." i said, shaking my head. "damn it." jimin says with a frown, making me laugh. "she's a big fan of you and seungcheol." jae says, making her give him a glare.

"oh.. i'm sorry i don't know how to react to that." i said, laughing instead. "it's fine, he didn't have to expose me like this." she says with a sigh.

"seeing as that you knew seungcheol since you guys were little kids, what's the sweetest thing he's done for you?" kevin asks, making jimin's eyes light up.

we all laugh at her sudden change of emotion.

i then remembered the exact moment.

"i really need to be home to finish my sketches, cheol." i said with a frown. "jae, those sketches are due next week!" seungcheol whines.

i left it at that, keeping quiet as i watched him with crossed arms. "alright, tell you what. watch us practice and i promise i'll drive you home everyday for the rest of the year." he says with a smile, squatting down so his eyes were at my eye level.

"really?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "come on, jae. she's out there and you know i can't perform well knowing she's there." he pleads with his hands together. "fine, only cause i care for you." i said, walking out with him to the court.

he cheers, thanking me until we reached the court.

"let's go!" he says enthusiastically, jogging out to join the rest.

"hey." rachel says, looking down at me as i sat down on the bench. "oh.. hey rachel." i said.

"your friend's pretty cute, isn't he?" she said as she oggled at him. "do you like him?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "of course, who doesn't? i mean, i bet you find him attractive too, don't you?" she asks with a chuckle.

"that's extremely shallow of you." i said, standing up. "stay away from seungcheol if all you're interested in, is his looks." i said, watching as she stood up as well.

"yah. i'm two classes above you. talk with respect, loser." she spat, eyeing me up and down. "is that all you have to be proud of? what's the use of being smart if you're morally corrupt." i said, rolling my eyes in disgust.

she pushes me back, tearing my bag off me.

"tell me, why else would you be friends with seungcheol then? aren't you mooching off him?" she asks with a smirk.

"i'm friends with him because he's a great person. not because he's attractive. back off from seungcheol, rachel. people like you, don't deserve seungcheol." i said, watching as her proud expression drops.

"how dare you?!" she screeches, lifting her hand up to slap me. i grab it before her palm touches me.

"i'm not like all those girls who you choose to pick on, rachel. i'm your worst nightmare." i said, pushing her backwards.

"jae eun-ah." i hear seungcheol call. and just on time, she chooses to fake the scene, falling down to the ground and letting out a scream.

"oppa! she hurt me." she says with a frown. i rolled my eyes, looking over to seungcheol.

"i'm done with this." i said, as i went back into school, going into the bathroom.

i washed my face and calmed myself down, shutting my eyes as i let out a few breaths.

moments later, i step out to see seungcheol leaning against the lockers, only to stand back up when he sees me. he gives me a small smile, lifting up my bag with one of his hands.

"come on, let's get you home." he says, wrapping an arm around me. "what? aren't you mad at me for 'hurting' her?" i asked, raising an eyebrow.

"why would i? you put her in her place. i'm proud of you." he says with a smirk, giving me a thumbs up.

"woah.. i didn't know precious little lee jae eun was such a savage." jae says, making me laugh.

"that was so cool." jimin says as she begins to clap.

"this just made me a seungcheol and jae eun shipper." kevin says, making me laugh.