ten

"let's go for some yogurt." he says, as they start packing up the equipment. i nod, having no objections.

"bye guys." i said, waving at the rest. they smile, some of them giving me hugs while the rest returned the wave.

"enjoy your time with hyung." minghao says with a smirk. my cheeks redden as he says his, which mingyu doesn't fail to point out again.

"alright, let's go." seungcheol says, nudging me gently.

with that, we got into the car and he starts driving as i put my seatbelt on.

"seungcheol-ah.. i have some questions." i said as i looked out the window. he hums for me to continue.

"you.. never really asked me out. you just said that we were dating, last night during skype." he clears his throat awkwardly as i said this.

"well, we've been going out so often, jae. i thought you would've gotten the point by now." he says with a chuckle.

"how would i know? i won't know unless you tell me oppa." i said, flicking his forehead. "yah! i'm driving, do you have a death wish or something?" he asks, letting out a laugh shortly after.

"so.. we're dating?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. he lets out a sigh as he stops at the red light and turns to me.

"lee jae eun. you've been my best friend for the past 21 years of my life. i'd like to try to date you. will you grant me my wish?" he says formally, batting his eyelashes jokingly at me as he attempts to do aegyo.

"hmm.. call! just don't do.. that." i said, gesturing to his face in disgust. "how sweet." he says sarcastically.

"what? do you want me to take back my answer?" i threatened jokingly. he laughs.

"alright. alright. aigoo.. so childish." he says, shaking his head as he begins to drive.

i chuckle, looking out the window once more to see that we were arriving at the yogurt spot.

both of us get out of the car, and into the shop.

"knowing our appetites, let's have our yogurt separately." he says with a chuckle as we stared at the cups. i nod, agreeing with him as i picked two up, handing one over to him.

i filled mine up with natural yogurt and a drizzle of cookie sauce. seungcheol on the other hand, treated his cup like a buffet.

"i'll pay for our yogurt. i'll feel guilty if you do." he says as he compares his cup with mine.

he places both our cups on the scale, paying with his card.

"oh. excuse me, are you choi seungcheol and lee jae eun?" the cashier asks. i nod, giving her a smile.

"omo! i'm a big fan, can i have a picture?" she asks. "sure." seungcheol says, giving her a smile.

she takes out her phone and holds it such that the three of us were in the frame. i smiled, looking at the screen while she takes the picture.

"thank you so much, enjoy your yogurt!" she says. "have a good evening." i said before we left the store.

"i have an idea of where we can eat this." he says, handing his cup to me.

------

soon, we arrived at the top of a cliff that had a fantastic view over the city.

"woah.. it's really pretty here." i said with a smile as i handed his cup back to him.

"of course it is, i chose the place." he says with a chuckle. "oppa." i called, making him look over to me.

"do you think that we'll be able to do things like this.. even when we're more busy than we are now?" i asked as i looked up to the stars.

he knew what i was referring to.

my parents.

they got divorced after a few years of having me. i stayed with my mom while my dad.. went to have a family with another woman.

he stayed for awhile, thinking that his situation with mom would get better. but of course, it didn't.

"i'll make a promise with you then." he says with a small smile, making me look back over to him.

"the day we won't be able to go out as much as we do. the day we are no longer able to see each other. we'll come back up here.. have yogurt and we'll talk. we'll resolve our problem." he assures me.

"but.. what if the problem is never resolved? what if.. it can't be solved?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"this is just the start, jae. i'm not going to promise you a perfect relationship. because we have plenty arguments as friends," he starts, making me laugh.

"i promise that i'll do my best." he says, holding out his pinky as he stuck his thumb out as well.

it took me sometime to realise what he was doing.

i smiled, sticking mine out as well.

we made this up when we were kids.

we joined pinkies and kissed our thumbs while our foreheads were pressed together.

"i promise." we whispered.