thirteen

i was seated in the velvet seats, watching the stage as some idol groups performed.

"hey." joo hyuk says as he finally arrives, sitting down beside me. "took you long enough, i thought you weren't coming." i said with a chuckle.

"what? and let you go up there alone to accept the award we'll be winning?" he says optimistically, giving me a smile.

"joon ki oppa is giving you the death stare." i say, pointing over to him. soon, joo hyuk looks over, only to burst out laughing with joon ki.

"it's friendly competition." joon ki says, making me nod. soon, i hear screaming, scaring me as i jolted up when someone grabs my arm.

"yah! you won the best female actress award!" seungcheol says, grabbing my arm and making me stand up as he laughs at me.

"woah, really?!" i exclaimed, covering my mouth. "get up there!" he says, giving me one final push.

i adjusted my black skirt, before going up the stairs and unto the stage.

the mc hands me the award, giving me a bright smile as she moves away, allowing me to say a few words.

"i'd like to thank all of my supporters. all of you deserve this award. thank you so much. i'll continue to work hard. please take care of me!" i said, unable to control how widely i was smiling.

i quickly got off the stage, going back to my seat as i stared at the award with wide eyes.

"i can't believe that just happened." i whispered to myself.

soon, all the awards were given out. best lovers didn't win an award but we were happy with being a runner up for the award.

after the awards ceremony, i got into the car and was driven back.

i took to my phone and went on twitter.

@leejaeeun : thank you for all the support. i'll continue to work hard. i love you all. i can't wait to see what's to come in the future. :) <3

i responded to some of the tweets coming from a few of my friends. after the awards show, we had a picture all together. i decided to post that on my instagram.

@leejaeeun : different people. different stories. similar passions. we're a big family. :)

--------------

"jae eun.." i hear seungcheol say as his voice sounded worried. "cheol, what's wrong?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows as i watched his expression.

"the picture.. there's a gap between nayeon and irene. you can see us, holding hands." he explains.

"oh.."

i didn't know how to react. was i supposed to be angry? was i supposed to be worried? i didn't know.

"why aren't you reacting? this is going to spark up rumours." he says with a sigh.

"oppa.. we're not a rumour though.. aren't we dating? i mean.. are you ashamed of me or something?" i asked, keeping my tone low.

"no.. i just phrased that wrongly.. i mean i don't want for problems to start. especially with the company and the fans." he explains.

i didn't notice that it would be this much of a problem for both of us.

"then.. what are you trying to say?" i asked, as my voice got a little quieter.

"i think.. we should put a pause to.. us. we should just keep it on the low.. until things die down."

i stayed silent.

"jae. i care about you. that's why i'm doing this" he says with a sigh.

"if you cared about me.. you'd keep your promise and fight for this.. but you aren't.." i spoke slowly.

"there's no need for us to go on that stupid cliff, seungcheol.. there's no need for the pause." i said, letting out a pathetic chuckle as my eyes watered.

"i should've known not to trust someone with my feelings.. you know what my relationships have been like, seungcheol. of all people to do this to me.. you just had to."

at this moment, he was dead silent.

"goodbye seungcheol.. don't call. don't text. let's just pretend.. we never met." i said, forcing a small smile.