Chapter 6: Scars

AUTHOR'S NOTE- Kids can be cruel, can't they...?

Trigger warning(s): Uncensored language, bullying, referenced self-harm, referenced suicidal thoughts, mention of Depression, PTSD, and implied character death. Please tread lightly.

(Updated Edits On 12/18/22)

---

"S-S-Sans?"

Papyrus breathed out in relief when Sans' voice was heard on the other end of the phone.

"Bro? What's going on? What happened?" Sans asked, panic in his voice.

"Th-Those ...m-m-monsters in school...they...b-b-beat me up again..."

Papyrus could hear Sans curse under his breath before speaking into the phone again.

"Where are you?" he asked, his voice serious.

"I-In the back...b-behind the dumpster. S-Sans...I'm scared! Everything h-hurts...s-so bad..." Papyrus sniffled; curling in on himself as he spoke.

"I know Papy, I know. Just hang tight okay? Dad and I will be there soon!" Sans assured him.

Papyrus' eyes widened when he heard voices.

"FOUND THE BONEHEAD!"

Papyrus let out a scared whimper as he was pulled to his feet again, wincing from the pain in his cracked bones.

"Papy? PAPY?! ARE YOU OKAY?! PAPY-"

Sans' voice was cut off when a kid smashed his phone.

"Now come on...don't run away so soon! We aren't finished yet!" the kid said with a laugh as he punched Papyrus across the face.

Papyrus let out a gasp of pain.

"ST-STOP! STOP IT! TH-THAT HURTS!"

Another kid laughed.

"Kinda the point DUMBASS!" he said with a laugh as he kicked Papyrus in the ribs.

Papyrus screamed out on impact, tears going down his face.

"Aww...what's the matter you BONEHEAD! Gonna cry to your mommy? Oh...that's right! You don't HAVE one! You just have that psycho doctor! Bet he does experiments on you and your brother like lab rats! Bunch of freaks! I'm almost SORRY for you..."

"Hello 'almost sorry for you'..."

Everyone froze when a silky smooth, accented voice filled the air.

"I'm DAD!"

The kids were suddenly surrounded by a golden glow as they were pulled away from Papyrus, the injured skeleton caught in a blue glow soon after.

The kids turned to see two glows in the fog; One gold, one blue. The fog cleared slightly to reveal Gaster and Sans; Gaster dressed in a dark trench coat and Sans wearing a baggy blue hoodie. They each had one glowing eye and they DIDN'T look happy.

"Oh god...it's THEM!"

The kids began to scatter this way and that, but Gaster simply snapped his fingers in response, surrounding them all in a golden glow once more and bringing them in front of him, glancing to the side at Sans' before speaking again.

"Sans...go to your brother."

Sans nodded.

"On it."