Chapter 13: Food Fights

Author's Note- We could use a break from all that's been going on. How about a visit with our favorite happy (unofficial) couple? X3

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language and implied off screen homophobia

(Updated Edits On 12/27/22)

---

"...I mean SURE he's cute but...I dunno, I don't think he's my type...hmm? Yeah maybe you're right...I mean...nobody said it was a REQUIREMENT that I have a date to the dance...yeah! Yeah that would be great! We could go as a group and grab dinner afterwards! Where to?...eh...I dunno...isn't The Corner more reserved for sweets? We could hit that place up after dinner though! Hmm...I DO get a discount at my dad's restaurant! And Friday's pizza night! Yeah...I know...I'm the coolest...just let me text the others and then we coul-"

Knock, Knock

Fiyoku's head instantly shot up in confusion at the sound of a voice on the other side of the door.

"Hmm....oh...nothing...I think someone's at the door. I'll call you back." she said into the phone, hanging up soon afterward.

As she stood up, she straightened her shirt before walking to the door. What she didn't expect to see on the other side, was Sans wearing a tired smile as he held his arms open; an invitation for an embrace.

Though unexpected, that didn't mean she wasn't glad to see him as her eyes practically lit up at the sight.

"POPS!" she shouted with a grin, hugging him tightly with glee.

Sans' eyes widened slightly before he gave a cheery grin, hugging back as if he hadn't seen her in years.

"Heh heh! Heya kid! It's been a while!" he said, his voice sounding happy for the first time in a while.

"You're telling me! But it's great to see you! Come on in!" she replied, opening the door wider for him to step in.

As Sans stepped in, he couldn't stop the peaceful expression that came to his face. The inside of the house looked exactly like it did Underground, allowing nostalgic memories to flood back as he glanced around.

"Your dad home kiddo?"

Fiyoku shook her head as she closed the door behind him.

"Nah, just clocked out of work. Got a call from him though. He should be back in a few minutes. He just wanted to stop by the store first to get stuff for tonight." she answered.

"Aw, if I had known I would've stopped there for him."

Fiyoku chuckled.

"It's alright Pops. You know my dad. He wouldn't have let you even if you did offer."

Sans couldn't help but laugh with her.

"Yeah. Honestly...he's too good to me."

"Yes well...someone has to." a new voice said, causing Fiyoku and Sans to turn toward the door where Grillbz was struggling to carry in groceries while holding the door open with a foot.

The two were instantly rushing over to help.

"Here, let me get those," Sans said, levitating the groceries out of Grillbz's arms and onto the counter while Fiyoku closed the door behind him.

Grillbz breathed out in relief as he hung up his coat.

"Thank you."

Sans raised an eyebrow at the filled bags.

"Jesus christ Grillbz...what did you buy? The whole store?"

"And then some..." Grillbz joked as he walked by.