Chapter 26: Mountain Fishing

Author's Note- Events in this chapter take place alongside the events of chapters 23 and so on, so we'll be seeing things from a new perspective.

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, reference to past trauma, possession, child endangerment, violence between two characters, blood, use of bladed weapons, guilt, and implied off screen character death. Please tread lightly

(Updated Edits On 12/28/22)

---

"Th-Thanks for walking me to the public lab Undyne. With all this JL business g-going on and with having Frisk in toe...I-I feel a lot safer." Alphys complimented with a smile, earning a laugh from Undyne as they walked; Frisk smiling at the exchange from atop Undyne's shoulders.

"FUHAHA! Of course babe! No way I was letting you make the trip here yourself. I'd be a pretty sucky girlfriend if I did."

Alphys nodded with a sigh as they idled at a cross walk, the street becoming noticably damper as a light drizzle began.

"It just s-sucks that the lab is located right smack dab on the strip of N-No-Man's Land. Always puts m-me on edge whenever I-I have to do work there."

Frisk nodded.

"Yeah. With the direct connection to the core it makes sense in terms of power source...but it still is pretty dangerous. Especially at night."

Undyne nodded at that before turning back to her girlfriend.

"Been practicing those shield spells I taught you?" she asked.

Alphys nodded shyly.

"Y-Yeah. Can't keep them up for more than f-five minutes at a time, but in a c-crisis it would at least b-buy time to escape."

Undyne grinned.

Atta girl! With those punks running around you could use some protection."

Frisk pouted slightly at that statement.

"What about me?" they asked.

Undyne raised an eyebrow as she glanced up with a smirk.

"What do ya mean?"

"I could take em. I've been getting a lot better at defense since training with you."

"Yeah, but you forget you're still a kid squirt. And the ambassador too. Would stir up more harm than good if you tried to step in and fight. Besides, you never were much of a fighter to begin with."

Frisk sighed.

"I know..." they admitted.

Undyne's face softened slightly as she reached up and ruffled their hair.

"Don't worry about a thing. I'm sure that things will straighten themselves out sooner or later." she offered.

"Doubtful, considering that vigilante is still on the loose. The other night they left four JL members hospitalized. Sure it's making finding the members identities easier, but it's putting blood on monster hands! Definately not helping Frisk and Asgore whenever they talk about extending the border." Alphys retorted, her stutter completely gone from her serious tone as she spoke.

Undyne sighed as they crossed the street.

"Yeah...wish I knew what they were thinking...picking a fight like this."

Frisk shrugged.

"Who knows."

"I mean, they got some guts. I'll give them that much. But they could be going about this in a much safer way. One that doesn't put everyone in danger. Hopefully we don't run into them anytime soon. I'd have a few choice words to say." Undyne continued, cracking her knuckles with a determined expression.