Chapter 31: Not What It Seems

Author's Note- OH SHIT! WE GONNA HAVE A COUPLE OF BADASSES UP IN HERE!!!!

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, child endangerment, possession, implied PTSD, and death threats.

(Updated Edits On 1/2/23)

---

It took only a moment before Fiyoku found her voice again, her nerves at last calming down as she assessed the situation.

"Who are you?" She managed to utter, finally allowing her body to move as she inched further and further away from the intruder.

The intruder seemed amused by this question as they continued to walk forward, their long coat flapping behind them dramatically as they spoke.

"I go by many names...though the Grim Reaper seems to fit me rather well...at least it will when I'm through with you..." they answered, twirling the knife in their hand.

Fiyoku gritted her teeth. So this was how this was going to go...

She may as well play along.

"I'm guessing YOU'RE the Grim Reaper that's caused the JL so much trouble."

Chara nodded.

"The very same."

Fiyoku tilted her head at that remark.

"If that's the case then what do you want with my father? And how do you know Sans?" she asked, forcing herself to her feet.

"It's foolish of you to assume only the JL is my enemy. I'm allowed to have more than one aren't I? Besides...what concern of yours is that? Not like that information will change the outcome of your fate."

Fiyoku's eyes narrowed.

"Huh...then what use could I possibly be? I'm guessing you're not settling with me because you want to. I doubt even I would settle with me if I was you. You and I have never even met before. You must be pretty desperate to get someone's attention if you're going with an unpredictable victim. So why? Why did you come here? What's your motive? Who else are you targeting that's on par with the JL? And why monsters? Aren't you on our side?" she inquired.

Chara's grip tightened on their knife, causing Fiyoku to internally smirk.

They were getting riled up...

"You ask an awful lot of questions to people with knives, don't you? You listen to me girl and listen good. I don't TAKE sides. I never did! In my opinion both sides are better off six feet under. And if I have to be the one that fulfills that then so be it. If there ARE any sides worth taking, then I'm on MY side and nobody else's. As for your father, I honestly could care less about him. He's bait at best. It's Comic Sans I want. He and I have business to settle and he's too clever to come quietly. He's a painful thorn that I intend to pluck and the only way that'll happen is if I use someone close to him. Your father was supposed to be that, but since he's not here, I have to use you. So consider yourself lucky that I have no intention of killing you just yet. Any other circumstances I would but I sadly need you alive. But make no mistake. I can change my mind VERY easily if you continue to pester me...so if you don't cooperate..." Chara muttered, tilting Fiyoku's chin up.

"You just might not make it through this in one piece. Are we clear?"

Fiyoku seemed to ponder this a moment as she looked down in supposed despair. Chara relaxed at this, believing they had at last shut her up. This lasted only a moment however, before Fiyoku muttered softly.

"You know...for a person that's claiming to be my attacker...you're sure doing a shit job at scaring me."

If Fiyoku could see Chara's face, she would've seen a deeply bewildered expression appear as they looked back up with annoyance.