Chapter 35: Hitting Where It Hurts

Author's Note: WOOOOOO! I'M BACK MY LOVELIES! And ready to dive right back into this angsty wonderland! Will Flowey and Toriel be able to keep holding their own against Chara? Will Papyrus be able to break their hold? My guess is as good as yours...

...

SO LET'S FIND OUT TOGETHER SHALL WE?! XD

Trigger Warning(s): Uncensored language, use of bladed weaponry, physical violence against another character, magical violence against another character, blood, implied off-screen character death, and implied possession.

(Updated Edits on 8/1/23)

---

"Jesus christ! What happened here?!"

Latte's loud remark was met with shocked silence as she and her siblings took in the sight before them. There was a ring of smoldering asphalt right in the middle of the street as well as some areas of the sidewalk still smoking a fair bit. The front window of the house facing this barbecued mess was completely shattered as the door lay in splinters at the main entrance.

The area was completely abandoned. No sign of anyone who could've put it in such a state to be seen. Though it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

"Well, at least we know that you were right about where Grillbz lived sis..." Vanilla spoke up with wide eyes.

Latte nodded slowly with an equal expression on her face.

"Yep...told you he told me..."

Mocha took a moment to recompose himself before walking into the miniature wasteland, his eyes scanning the area for clues as to the identities of the initial participants of this supposed encounter as he took a few sniffs of the air.

"Hmm...Grillbz was definitely involved. I don't smell any gasoline and there isn't a sign of any wood or matches. These fires weren't started. They were created. Fight must've broken out." he thought out loud.

"Look at YOU, mister detective!" Vanilla teased slightly with a smile, now recovering from her shock.

Mocha gave a shrug.

"You read a few mystery novels then you learn to spot these kinds of things," he answered before continuing his look around.

It didn't take long before his eyes landed on a piece of smoking fabric a little way down the street.

"What the?"

Mocha's feet moved before he could think; carrying him to the smoldering object as if by instinct. He couldn't help but hiss slightly from the heat before picking it up for examination. The blackened, red cloth felt rough to the touch and was almost certainly singed, and yet it still possessed an amount of softness very similar to the clothing it originates from.

"He was here." he voiced up, holding the fabric up for his sisters to see.

"Must've been quite the encounter then." Latte voiced up.

"Though I don't see any blood, so that's good news at least," she added.

A squeak from behind them instantly broke the silence.

"Uh...I-I wouldn't be so sure of that." Vanilla stuttered.

Mocha and Latte instantly turned to her in concern; a horrified expression soon crossing both of their faces.

Vanilla was shaking as she pointed to the front of Grillbz's house; a tiny, bone-handled knife sitting in a terrifying pool of drying blood.

"Holy shit..." Latte breathed, not even flinching when Mocha rushed over to investigate.