Chapter 34: 5%

Author's Note- We're continuing straight on from last time so I hope you held onto your butts like I said! XD

On with the angst!!!!!

Trigger Warning(s): Uncensored language, use of bladed weaponry, physical violence against another character, magical violence against another character, implied possession, implied off-screen character death, and implied off-screen child abuse. Please tread lightly.

(Updated Edits On 7/29/23)

---

"So it's true then..." Toriel said out loud, fists clenched as Chara walked out into the street.

"All of this trouble's been your doing."

Chara chuckled lowly at that as they twirled a knife between their hands.

"I think that's more than obvious by now..." they answered.

"I mean...it's not like I really tried hiding it," they added with a grin.

Toriel's facial expression hardened at their tone.

"I know...I just didn't want to believe it. But now I have no other choice, do I? My own child...causing so much pain for those around them. I thought you would've been at peace by this point yet here you are. I'll admit, I would've preferred we had reunited again under different circumstances."

Chara rolled their eyes at that with an amused chuckle.

"Now now Mother dearest, don't give me TOO much credit. Papyrus here is the reason I'm back at all. Without his help, I'd still be nothing more than a whisp of a mortal being. But now thanks to him...I'm back..." Chara smirked.

"And I can finally finish what I'd started all those years ago. Everything I've worked for...everything I've given up...it will all be made worth it. And as soon as that damn Comic Sans is FINALLY out of my way...there ain't nothing in the world that can stop me!"

Flowey grimaced at those words.

"Was too much to ask that you'd give all that up huh?" he questioned.

Chara's smirk soon became a look of annoyance.

"Of all the people in this world...YOU should know that I simply can't afford that..." they replied plainly.

Flowey raised an eyebrow.

"Well...considering you're dead, that body isn't yours, your soul is on death row as we speak by our NOW active judge, several different people want your head on a spike, and those scorch marks mean you've pissed off at least ONE member of the "Comic Sans" fiery fan club, I'd say you can afford to just give up now or forever hold your peace. You've only made things harder for yourself in the long run so there ain't any point in trying to move forward now. You know that you can't win at this point right? We WILL stop you. We have before, we will again." he commented haughtily, causing Chara's eyes to narrow.

"I don't think that's your shot to call, thanks." they grimaced.

"I have just as much a chance now as I did with Frisk. In fact, I have an even bigger chance in this form. Whether I can reset or not doesn't change anything. It's a risk I need to take. You want me to be at peace, right? To finally allow myself to decease like I should've long ago? That won't happen. Not unless I achieve this goal. It's the only way I can finally let myself rest. This cruel world has lasted long enough. I refuse to leave if it means it gets to carry on the way it is. And if you all won't take care of it...then I will. And how I do it isn't gonna change. Not for anyone. Not even YOU two..."

"But why?!" Toriel suddenly spoke up.

"Why can't it change?!"

"Toriel...?" Flowey muttered with wide eyes, though Chara simply looked disinterested.