Chapter 19: Bone Daddy

Author's Note- It is time everyone! It is time you knew the truth. The truth about our cinnamon roll Papyrus' past and how that damn fox Kaishi fits in. Warning you though...it ain't a happy story.

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, implied underage drug use, underage alcohol use, underage cigarette use, sexual implications, physical abuse, recounting of past trauma, PTSD, and implied toxic relationship.

(Updated Edits On 12/28/22)

---

"Alright guys! Quittin time! Great job today!" Latte said with a grin as she flipped the front sign to closed.

Mocha instantly untied his apron and began pulling on a coat.

"THANKS SIS! GOTTA GO! FINAL PROJECT! BYE!" was all he said as he rushed out the door.

Vanilla's eyes widened in protest.

"B-But...MOCHA! WAIT! UGH! He was supposed to help clean up..." she muttered in defeat.

Latte shrugged as she pulled on her own coat.

"Sorry sis! You and Papyrus will have to make do. Muffet's expecting me across town. Remember to lock up when you're done." Latte said as she began to walk out.

Vanilla huffed.

"JERKS!"

Latte rolled her eyes.

"Don't be a drama queen. Me and Mocha will do it next time. Hop to it before you have to stay too late." she said before closing the door and rushing down the street.

Vanilla pouted slightly just as Papyrus walked in with cleaning supplies.

"Whelp...looks like it's just us tonight Paps..." she sighed.

Papyrus shrugged.

"Hey, four hands working are still better than just two." he pointed out as he handed her a broom.

Vanilla accepted it with dismay.

"I suppose..."

'What a spoiled brat...' Chara said in Papyrus' head.

'Shut up...' Papyrus thought back as he began washing the front counter.

The two worked simultaneously as they began to tidy up the small cafe; idle small talk filling the air. However, as Vanilla swept the floor, her eyes slowly went to the hardworking skeleton in concern. Ever since that incident with that mystery guy, Papyrus wasn't his usual, cheerful self. He put on a mask for customers, but when it was just him and his co-workers...he seemed sad. Even now, his smile was so small it was almost nonexistent. And his voice seemed so dull compared to how it was starting out. Whatever that guy did...it affected him badly.

"Hey...Paps? You feeling okay? You haven't been yourself lately." she asked.

Papyrus shrugged as he wrung out the washcloth into a bucket.

"I've just been a bit under the weather. No big deal." he answered, forcing a smile onto his face.

Vanilla didn't smile back.

"Does...it have something to do with that jerk that came in the other day?" she asked.

At just the mention of him, Papyrus froze in place; his grip on the bucket tightening.

"...possibly..." he replied.

What was the point in lying?

"Who was that guy anyway? I don't think I saw who it was that walked in and Mocha didn't give me any details when he brought you back inside."