Chapter 15: Deals

Author's Note-...you guys know the drill by now. Shock factor and feels ahead! Not to mention references to some adult themes. Tread lightly and be prepared for making THIS face: 😱

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, recounting past trauma, implied off-screen character death, possession, implied survivor's guilt, implied past abuse, implied past toxic and sexual relationship, implied past alcoholism, implied past cigarette usage, implied past drug use, implied past drugging of another person, and manipulation. Please tread lightly

(Updated Edits On 12/27/22)

---

DING DING DING!

Grillbz glanced up and gave a sigh of relief when a familiar human face walked in.

"Hiya Grillbz!" Frisk greeted with a grin, hopping up on their usual bar stool.

"Hello, Frisk! Good to see you. The usual?" Grillbz asked as he began preparing the food.

Frisk nodded.

"Thanks!"

As Frisk's unspoken order began to cook, Grillbz glanced at the child with a worried look as they engaged in conversation with other customers. With that cheerful smile and soft-spoken nature, it was almost impossible to believe they'd have anything to do with this...

Almost...

Based on what he could pick up from Sans' rambling the night before, it was safe to assume that this might have something to do with a fallen human. And considering the research Frisk has done on other humans like them...the child might be the best place to start. If not for knowledge of the situation but for at least an inside perspective on what could be going on with their friend.

His mind drifted back to last night. To Sans' panic attack. He hadn't done something so terrifying ever since Gaster passed away. And that dream...Grillbz couldn't believe his friend could dream up something so horrible. Unless of course it wasn't a dream...and that scared him more than anything.

He needed answers and now.

He soon set the finished meal in front of the child along with a glass of soda, smiling at the sweet thank you the child gave upon seeing it. The two engaged in friendly small talk for a few moments while Frisk ate, Grillbz going through what he'd say next over and over in his head. The thought brought on some nerves, and he honestly considered a moment trying to find a different time to speak to Frisk outside of the restaurant.

But this was too important to chicken out on.

He HAD to ask them.

So with a deep breath, he caught the child's attention with a small wave of the hand before he began signing to them; not wanting to risk someone overhearing what he was about to ask.

"Frisk? Could I ask you something?"

Frisk's eyes widened in recognition at the sign language before they began to sign back.

"Sure. What's up?"

Grillbz hesitated a moment before continuing.

"Do you know anything about someone named...Chara?"

Frisk instantly tensed up, hands clutching the counter in fear at just the mention of that name.

"Wh...Why do you ask?" Frisk asked, trying to stay composed in spite of their shaking hands.

"Sans...had a nightmare last night. A bad one. And during his rambling, he asked this Chara person to stop something...and...he was really scared. I know I've heard of a human named Chara before...but what I don't understand is why Sans would be dreaming of such a human."