Chapter 12: Save The Sale's Pitch

Author's Note: Soooo...a few days have passed since that last lab visit. I wonder how things have been at the house since then...^^;

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, attempts at manipulation, and references to past character death and suicide.

(Updated Edits On 12/27/22)

---

"Guys! I'm home!" Sans called as he stepped into the house, hanging his keys on the hook.

After a few moments of silence, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as he looked around.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

"Nah...they're still out..." a voice answered.

Sans' focus shifted to the end table by the couch, where Flowey was playing the playstation with a bored look on his face.

"Flowey..." Sans said, a blank look on his face.

Flowey glanced at him with the same look.

"Sans..." he replied.

Sans rolled his eyes as he levitated some leftovers from last night's dinner to himself, seating himself on the couch once it was in his hands.

"...work okay?" Flowey said without looking up.

Sans shrugged.

"Same as usual."

"Mhm..."

Sans took a bite of food as he watched Flowey play. Nobody spoke for a few moments. The sound of Flowey's video game was the only sound heard.

However, even with the silence, Sans could sense something that he hasn't felt around Flowey in awhile...tension. The way Flowey hunched over and refused to look his way, and the look on his face...it was the face people wore when they were trying to not be upset with someone. Not the kind of face he thought he'd ever see on Flowey of all people.

"...you good dude?" Sans finally asked.

Flowey rolled his eyes.

"Oh NOOOOOOO! Everything's JUUUUUUUUST peachy..." Flowey responded sarcastically.

Sans raised an eyebrow.

"...I get the distinct impression you're mad at me."

Flowey shot him a look.

"What gave THAT away?"

Sans rolled his eyes.

"Well considering you're mad at everything most of the time the sarcasm gave it away..." Sans replied.

Flowey growled.

"Sooo...what did I do THIS time?"

Flowey glared as he button mashed.

"Oh no...no...it's nothing...forget it..."

Sans glared back.

"Flowey..."

Flowey's leaves clenched.

"No it's fine...I'm sure you have FAR more important things to worry about than how I feel...or how Frisk feels...or how ANYONE feels right now..."

Sans' eyes widened slightly in shock at Flowey's tone.

Flowey closed his eyes as he paused the game and turned toward him.

"Oh good...I finally got your fucking attention. Now that I've got you alone I think it's about time you explained yourself..."

Sans' eyes narrowed.