Chapter 22: Rebel Cliches

Author's Note: Whelp, not about to leave y'all hanging from last time! Time for some never before seen character interactions! Hope you enjoy!

Trigger warning(s)- Uncensored language, misunderstandings, second hand embarrassment, implied off screen homophobia and implied recounts of past trauma.

(Updated Edits On 12/28/22)

---

"Whelp...guess I owe my old best customer a drink." Latte said with a smile as she set a tall, blue and pink striped drink in front of Sans; piles of whipped cream on top completing the masterpiece.

Sans gave a grateful smile as Latte sat down across from him, taking a sip of the frappe as she did.

"Hey Grillbz! Sure you don't wanna take a seat too?" Latte called out over her shoulder.

Grillbz poked his head out of the kitchen with a sheepish smile.

"It's alright. I know just as much as anyone that cleaning a restaraunt is more of a two person job. I don't mind helping at all! You two just catch up. We've got things taken care of back here!" he responded, walking back into the kitchen with a greetings to Mocha before Latte could protest.

Sans gave an amused chuckle.

"Always like that with him, I swear..." he pointed out as he set his cup down.

"But for once I'm not complaining. I've been meaning to speak to you for awhile and...it would probably better if it was just us. Given the circumstances." he added, his smile twisting into a neutral stare.

Latte gave a sigh as she gave a slow nod.

"Yeah...I imagined as much." she replied, her hands cupping together on the tabletop as she spoke.

"Whelp...you found me. So let's just skip the formalities and get to the point. I know you have a couple questions..."

Sans scoffed.

"A COUPLE is an understatement."

Latte managed a small smile as she looked up at him.

"Then ask away. Not like I'm in any position to stop you." she dared, her eyes shining with a mischievous spark.

Sans for one was not amused. Or at least he pretended not to be.

"Latte...Junior year was almost done. We had just finished our finals. It was going to be a smooth ride to our Midyear Vacation. Things were finally looking up for you. At least that's what you told me. What changed? Why were we walking home together one day and then the next it was like you never existed?" he asked, his voice steady but gaining a panicked tone the more he spoke.

"When I first noticed you weren't there...I thought nothing of it. But after a week of not hearing from you I...didn't know WHAT to think. After you disappeared I just kept adding and adding to a list of things I wanted to say to you. I was so scared and angry that I...I just..."

Sans sighed in frustration as he looked back up at Latte, a pained look on his face.

"I want to be mad at you...I REALLY do...I want to scream, shout and just let all of this pent up panic that I've kept inside all these years out...but at the same time I just want to cry...because you're here...right in front of me...and you're okay...we're talking...like we used to. You have no idea how much that means to me." he confessed before sliding his hand across the table to hers.

"Latte...I know you wouldn't disappear for no reason. So...what happened? If...if I did something to drive you away...then...please...tell me...otherwise...I just want to know that you were okay. Please..."