Chapter 3.

David's POV, as always.

Alex and I decided to stay after school to hang out. Football and Volleyball practice were going on, so that gave us an excuse to be here.

We sat together on the bench that wasn't too far from the volleyball courts and from the football field; it was just right. We talked about worthless shit like how that kid named Brian stepped on Alex's shoe during lunch and how that kid named Judith punched the history teacher during 7th period. We laughed obnoxiously loud and occasionally got annoyed stares from the volleyball players and their coaches. We drew dicks on each others legs and complained about how we were both gonna get yelled at by our mothers.

Liza just so happened to there, too. She was by the football field but stumbled across us on her way to the volleyball court.

"Hey, losers," She said, leaning over the bench and peeking her head between the space that was between Alex and I.

"Hey, L." Alex said, flicking her cheek.

"Sup." I said, nodding my head the same way I did at the dance.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"Just supporting the volleyball team," Alex and I said in sync.

"What else would we be doing here?" Alex said in his all time sarcastic tone.

"What are you doing here?" I said, looking up at Liza.

"Well, my boyfriend is on the football team so I kinda' have to be here." Liza said, looking right back down at me.

"Oh," I hummed, breaking our eye contact and looking at the volleyball players, "Nice."

She walked around the bench and sat down on the grass patch that was in front of us. And from that time on, we didn't say a word and we just sat in silence. Alex and I were actually watching the volleyball practice.

Time passed, however, and the silence and awkwardness, if that's a word, soon disappeared and Alex and I were back to teasing each other but Liza was in now.

Liza teased Alex and I'd join in and it was alright.

Liza and I started to tease each other. She drew a dick on my leg, by Alex's drawing and I drew one on her arm and we were just giggling messes.

Alex had the look of, not jealously, but he looked like he was getting a little protective over me.

Liza and I spent the whole two hours messing around with each other, giggling and laughing. Then it came to an end, like all things.

"It was nice seeing y'all, uglies." Liza told us both.

"Yeah," I said, "It was alright."

Her boyfriend came up behind Liza and wrapped his arms around her waist. He had a dirty shade of blond hair and brown eyes. He was a lot taller than me and a lot more muscular.

"Let's go, babe." He told Liza, leaving a kiss on her neck like what every other boyfriend does in every story ever.

"Okay," She pulled away from him and gave Alex and I a hug and soon left with her boyfriend.

Alex looked at me and I looked back at him. And then went on our way

On our walk back home, he looked at me, "Do you like Liza now?"

"No?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Alex, don't worry."

He hummed and we kept walking.

No way.