Chapter 20.

David's POV

Saturday evening I heard a knock at my front door. I groaned as I rolled out of my bed. I walked over to the door, opened it, and sleepily ruffled my hair. Standing there was Scotty, Toddy and Zane.

"Did we wake you?" Zane asked, laughing afterwards.

I lazily smiled, "No, no. You guys didn't."

"Are you gonna' do anything right now?" Scotty asked, as he held a basketball in his hands.

"No." I said, "Why?"

"We're gonna play a game of basketball but we only have three players. We need one more to make it even." Scott replied.

"Uhm," I hummed as I thought. Sleep, or go out for a change, I said in my head. "Why can't you ask Heath or something if he could play?"

"We did. He can't." Scotty said. "C'mon, dude." He begged.

I rolled my eyes as I sighed, "Alright, alright, I'll go, I guess."

Zane and Scotty both immaturely clapped their hands, "Yayyyy!"

I left for a second to slip on my shoes and change into shorts. I didn't bother to bring my hat, shocker right?

I walked out my front door, closing it, and we were soon on our way to the courts.

On the way, Toddy started talking.

"Scott, my girlfriend is so cute. She texted me earlier today during lunch and said she misses me," He told Scotty, leaning over to show him the messages. Scotty laughed and pushed him playfully, "You think you're all cool because you gotta' girlfriend." Scott said to Toddy.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them; mainly Toddy. I knew what his intentions were. I started talking to Zane, about something completely off, hoping I'd change the topic of it all.

"Wait, David," Zane said to me, cutting me off from what I was saying. "Speaking of girlfriend, Scotty, what's up with you and Kristen?"

They all started talking about relationships, I was hoping they wouldn't bring up Liza. But of course, they did.

"You're dating Liza, right?" Scotty asked me, as he dribbled the ball.

"No. I'm not." I simply said calmly, no matter how much that one question aggravated me.

Toddy grinned, devilishly, "That's my boy." He said as he ruffled my hair, "You don't wanna date her." He told me.

I stared at my shoes as I sarcastically raised my eyebrows, "Oh, yeah?" I asked, acting as if I actually cared about what he had to say.

"Yeah." Todd said, not catching my drift. "She's a slut, a whore. Do you know how many guys she has dated?" He asked, shaking his head, "She'll hop on your dick, then leave when she's done. You're nothing but a free fuck to her, David."

"Alright, Todd." I said.

"I mean it, D. She'll ruin you."

"Toddy, shut up." Scott told him, slightly pushing him.

Finally, fucking finally, we arrived at the courts. They all walked in, I came in last. Why the fuck did I agree to coming?

Scotty arranged teams, I didn't pay attention at all.

It was Zane & Toddy versus Scotty & I.

I brushed off what Toddy told me, deciding to have a good time with at least Scotty and Zane.

"Toddy, you guard David!" Zane yelled out as he stood in his spot.

"My fav." Toddy mumbled.

I brought the ball down, as Toddy slowly came towards me. I looked over at Scotty, who was having a hard time getting open. Typical.