Chapter 8.

David's POV.

"Hm. Okay, let's see where we're gonna put you, Mr. Dobrik," Mr. Ramos, my science teacher said, as he scanned the room.

I sighed and held my backpack on my shoulder.

"Ah! You're new partner is Jessica," He said, "Jessica, raise your hand."

"I know who she is," I said before the girl could even raise her hand.

I made my way to the seat that was next to her. I plopped my backpack on the floor and then plopped myself on the chair.

"You're the new kid, right?" The girl next to me asked. She had light brown eyes, light brown hair, and one slight dimple on her left cheek.

I nodded, as I flipped my pen between my fingers.

"You're pretty cute," She said, as she ruffled my hair; the same way Alex did when I first arrived at this school.

"Uh, Thanks," I said, scoffing and slightly smiling.

Jessica turned around to her friend that was one seat behind, "Cynthia! Isn't David the cutest?"

Cynthia had dark, brown hair. Her eyes matching. She seemed to be hispanic, since she had a strong Spanish accent.

Cynthia leaned forward, leaning over the table to look at me. "Oh, yeah! You're so cute!" She said to me, ruffling my hair as well.

I awkwardly smiled at them both, still twirling the pen between my fingers.

-

Class ended soon, and everyone immediately crammed the door. I stood behind everyone, however.

Jessica and Cynthia walked up to me, and began doing what they were doing earlier.

"You're seriously the cutest," Jessica would say, and Cynthia agreeing every time.

All I did was awkwardly giggle and smile at them.

They walked out the class with me, and stayed near me. Jessica wrapped her arms around my waist and continued with her comments. And Cynthia stood by us, giggling obnoxiously.

I caught Liza at the other end of the hall, and watched as she passed by. I smiled at her. But she didn't smile back.

She approached her boyfriend, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I stood there, not really feeling anything.

Jessica pulled my chin down to grab my attention. I immediately looked down at her, "What are you looking at?" She asked me.

"Nothing. Just thinking about something," I said.

She giggled and rested her hands on my chest, "You should sit with us at lunch sometime."

"Uh," I said, staring at her with no facial expression.

"Uh?"

"Uh. Yeah! Totally." I told her, and quickly got out of her grip. "I'll see you two tomorrow," I told the two girls before walking out the hallway door.

I headed home, feeling kind of broken and confused.

Night rolled by quick, and I had trouble falling asleep. I spent the whole night staring at the fan move, thinking about Liza. No one else. Just her.