Chapter 11.

David's POV.

I sat out in the hall, my back slumped against the wall. I rested my face in my hands as I sighed deeply, my papers scattered all around me.

"What's up, Dobrik?" Liza asked, approaching me.

I looked up at her, "Oh. Hey," I said, pushing myself up to fix my posture, "Nothing, nothing."

She tilted her head, chucking quietly, "You're working' on Math, I see." She said, "You look like you need help."

I rubbed my eyes as I shook my head, "I don't need help." I said.

She gathered up all the papers I had scattered around and sat herself down next to me, "I'll help you."

I shook my head again, watching as she picked up all my papers, "I don't need help, dude." I repeated myself.

"Yes you do." She said simply. She opened her hand, "Let me see your pen."

I sighed as I reached over to grab my pen that was laying on the other side of me. I placed my pen in her hand, with no expression on my face.

She looked down at my pen, smiling to herself, "You have a pink pen?" She asked.

"It's not mine, it's Alex's." I said, shrugging.

"Sure, Dave." Liza said, "That's why I see another pink pen in your pocket." She looked down at my pocket, and I looked down as well. I hummed as I pushed my other pen further down into my pocket so it wasn't visible.

I looked up at her, smiling, "No you don't." I said.

"Don't worry, D. It's cute." She said softly. "Let's get to work.

I sighed and we got to work on the many, many papers I had.

Throughout every lecture she gave me, I didn't bother to pay attention. I stared at her the whole time. I stared at her eyes, watching as they moved. I stared at her lips, licking mine whenever I did so. I listened to her speak, listening to how she sounded rather than actually listening to what she was saying.

"Understand?" She asked, looking over at me, tapping the end of the pen on her chin.

With my mouth dropped, with no facial expression, I nodded.

"Do you really, though?" Liza asked again.

"Uh-huh." I said, my mouth still dropped.

She continued her lecture, all her words going through one ear and out the other.

"David," she said.

I didn't say anything, I was far too busy admiring her.

"Any questions?" She asked, turning to look at me.

"Nope." I quickly said, acting as if I was listening to what she was saying.

Liza continued talking about equations, and I continued staring at her.

"If you need to ask me something, you can always ask me." She would tell me here and there.

I tilted my head to the side, my mouth still dropped. I kept watching her lips moved as she spoke to me. Gosh, how badly I wanted to kiss her.

"Stop staring at me and ask me some questions, boy." Liza told me, chuckling as she turned to face me, "Yup. I know you're staring at me."

I smiled, looking away immediately. My cheeks instantly turned into a dark cherry red shade, and I began fidgeting with my fingers.

She kissed my shoulder. And I shivered due to that sudden movement. "You're cute, Dave. Maybe you should get tutored by someone you're not gonna stare at like you're ready to eat them." She said, giggling softly.

I smiled to myself. The bell soon rang, meaning it was time to head to next period. I hummed as I quickly shoved all my math papers into my backpack.

I stood up, as I swung my backpack over my shoulder, offering Liza my hand.

She took it and stood herself up. "I'm keeping your pen, by the way. I like it."

"But that's my favorite pen."

"Oh, hush. You have another in your pocket. And I'm pretty sure you have, like, five more pink pen's in your backpack." She said as she chuckled.

The hall quickly filled up and I made sure to keep my eyes on her.
"I'll see you later?"

She nodded.

Without hesitation, I went in for a hug, and awkwardly enough, she went in for a handshake. My cheeks were back to the cherry shade they were a few minutes ago. I offered her my hand for the handshake she wanted, as she opened up her arms for the hug I wanted. Her cheeks turned into a light pink shade, and I awkwardly smiled at her.

"Fist bump instead?" Liza asked, raising both her eyebrows.

"Fist bump instead." I said back to her, forming my hand into a fist. She gave me the fist bump before she walked off.

I smiled to myself as I made my way to next period, stumbling across Toddy and Scotty on the way.

Scotty smiled at me, while Toddy winked at me.

I smiled at them both and continued walking, not bothering to acknowledge Toddy's wink.

I walked into history class, with a cheesy smile on my face.

"Woah, Dobrik, good day today or what?" Mr. Hurwitz, my history teacher, asked as he held the door open.

I entered the classroom, nodding at his question, "You could call it that."

I sat myself down at my seat, plopping my backpack on the ground. I rested my chin in my hand, deciding to give both my heart and brain a break and think about other things other than Liza.

But I'm whipped as fuck so that obviously didn't last long.