Chapter 21.

David's POV.

I walked into the cafeteria, my hands in my pockets. I stared down at the floor as I walked, lifting my head up eventually. I saw Scotty staring at me, making sure I was here. He always does that.

I smiled softly at him as I approached him. "Hey, Scott." I said.

"Hey, Davey." He said back as he placed his hand on my shoulder, "How was History?"

"Good." I responded, the smile still on my face.

Behind him was Todd, messing around with Zane. I was still pretty pissed at him, the way he treated me that one day during the basketball game.

"I'm probably not gonna' sit with you guys today." I told him, remembering Erin's offer she made me awhile back.

"Oh," He hummed as we both moved up, "How come?" He asked. "Is it because of Toddy?"

"Eh, yeah. Kind of." I said, "But Erin wants me to sit with her today, so." I added, hoping that added comment would make him feel just a bit better.

"Alright." He said, giving me a smile to let me know it was really alright.

We both grabbed our trays of food and headed to our different tables.

"I'll hang with you after school." I told him, making my way towards Erin's table after.

I walked, saying hi to a few people on the way. Especially Alex. Wow, I miss that kid.

I sat down at their table, Erin immediately grinning. "Hey, you actually came!" She said, surprised.

"Of course I came." I said, adjusting myself. "I'm fed up with Todd."

"I would be, too." She told me.

There was a girl sitting next to Erin. Seemed to be a friend. Someone I didn't know. She had red hair, but not the same shade of red as Carly's. More like a brownish-red. She had thick eyebrows, and she was quite small. Smaller than Liza.

"Everyone's fed up with Todd." The girl added to our comments.

"That's true." Erin agreed, as she took a sip of her soda. "No one likes him. Legit, everyone talks shit about him."

I shook my head as I played around with my food. I looked up and Todd was staring at me. He gave me a wink before he looked away. I sighed as I looked away, as well.

"You'll never believe what he did to me a few days ago." I said to Erin.

"Tell me." She said.

I explained everything to her, my eyes moving to look at Todd every now and then.

"He definitely likes you." Her and her friend said in sync.

"You're pretty cute, though. I can see why he acts like that." Her friend told me.

I turned around, seeing Liza a few tables away. She was laughing. That god damn laugh.

I turned back around to face the two girls, "That's true." I said to the girl, unintentionally sounding cocky. "So many people, yet I have my eyes on one person." I mumbled, taking a bite out of my french fry.

"What?" Erin asked.

"Huh?" I hummed, not expecting her to hear that last part.

She shook her head, as she took another sip of her soda, "Nothing, nothing."

I nodded as I turned back around to see Liza. She was still laughing. Her eyes wandered to me, as she caught me staring. She grinned at me, as she waved at me. I softly smiled, and waved back. I turned back around, my mind around her.

***

Lunch period passed, I decided to spend free period with Erin and her friend. We walked around school campus and talked about worthless shit, like gossip, hot teachers, crushes; didn't mention Liza.

I messed around with Erin, teasing her and whatnot, making sarcastic and witty comments. Her friend laughing at every word I said.

We passed by Liza and her friends. I caught a glimpse of that smile. She saw me too and decided to approach me.

"Hey, ugly." Liza said to me, "Hey, Erin." She said to Erin, "And hey, Ires." She said to the girl with us.

Erin & Ires both said hi, and so did I.

"Hey, punk." I said to her, a wide smile on my face.

She went in for a hug, and surprisingly, for once, I went in for one too.

Like every other hug, she nuzzled her face into my neck and I rested my head on hers. Ah, the wonderful feeling of home.

She pulled away and eventually went back to her friends; Erin & Ires, and I went back to walking and talking.

"You definitely like her." Erin said, giggling afterwards.

"What?" I said, turning to give her a confused look.

"You like her." She repeated, in a simple tone.

"Liza?" I asked.

"No shit. Who else?" She said to me, rolling her eyes.

"I don't like her." I said, "Not in that way." I lied.

"Sure." Erin said, not believing it.

"How do you know I like her?" I asked.

"I can see the look you get in your eyes when you're in her arms." She simply told me, "You get the same look in your eyes every time you're with her."

I listened to what she told me, as I stared down at my feet. The way she knew made me feel warm inside. Of course I like Liza. I'm head over heels for that girl. Why was I so scared to admit it?

I didn't say anything after that. Erin chuckled, taking in that she was right.

"Go get her." She said.

"And do what?" I asked.

"Love her."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." Erin said, "Who's stopping you?"

I repeated her question, a bunch of names coming to mind.

"A lot of things are stopping me." I mumbled.

We stayed quiet as we all kept roaming around. The bell soon rang and immediately I said goodbye to the two girls and walked to class.

I kept thinking about what Erin told me. Does Liza get the same look in her eyes when she's with me? I thought.

I slumped my back against the wall, waiting to get into class. Everyone hurrying past me, people bumping into me. It was all blurry.

Liza past me by, flashing me that breathtaking smile.

Does she?