Chapter 25.

David's POV.

I sat at the bench Liza and I had our first conversation at.

I sat there, as I stared off. I remembered Liza and everything she ever told me. She loves Roses, I hate them because of the smell. I softly smiled, then caught myself. My smile immediately left. I folded my hands as I stared down at them. I was so broken, I didn't want to do anything. But just sit there and remember.

It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms.

Jessica came up to me and sat herself down. "Hey." She said.

"Hi." I said back, not bothering to look up at her.

"Everything okay?" She asked, as she tilted her head to look at me.

"Yeah." I simply responded.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I know you really liked her." Jessica told me.

"It's whatever." I said, as I clenched my jaw. "She's just a girl. I'll be over it by next week." I knew god damn well that was false.

"Cheer up." She said, as she placed her hand on top of mine, "There's better girls who are worth your time here. It's Gateway High."

I didn't say a word to her after that. She smiled at me, as she stood up and finally walked away.

I sighed, deciding the sit some more. Just for awhile.

I heard the cafeteria doors open, everyone was finally coming out.

"Fuck.." I mumbled as I stood up to move myself somewhere else. I wanted to avoid everyone. I knew if I didn't, everyone would either ask me how I'm doing just for the pure sake of the gossip, or come up to me to make fun of me for pining after a girl who doesn't want me. Anymore.

However, me avoiding people didn't last long. The next person who came up to me was Zane.

"Hey, buddy." He said, as he pulled me to hug him.

"Hey, Zane." I said back, during the zero effort hug.

Liza passed us as we pulled away. She was holding her boyfriend's hand. She had the smile she used to have on her face when I was with her. She laughed just as much as she did when she was with me.

Zane noticed me looking off. He turned around to see what I was looking at, he knew I was looking at Liza. He sighed as he turned to look at me, "Hey, dude?" He said, trying to get my attention off her.

I felt my heart fall to the pit of my stomach. Again. I turned my eyes to Zane finally.

"You deserve better." He said to me.

I shrugged, finding that statement false.

"You can't keep chasing after the same girl. You know that, right?" He said.

I shrugged again, as I stared down at my shoes.

"Think of this as practice. You're one heartbreak closer to finding the actual one." He continued. He nudged me as he walked off.

I stood there, as I leaned against the tree I was under. All the way across was Liza and her boyfriend. They were kissing; practically making out. Her leg was resting on top of his lap, as he kissed her aggressively.

I turned away, so many emotions going through me. I hated feeling like this. I hated looking soft and feeling weak.

I sat down and rested my back against the wall. I turned myself the other way so I wasn't tempted to stare at Liza.

I stared at other things, but my mind somehow ended up back at Liza.

I went back to when I saw her smiling with him. How happy she looked. How happy it made me to see her like that. How sad it made me feel knowing I wasn't the reason.

One day, I was making you smile and laugh, and then the next you left. Maybe this is why I have no faith in humanity.