Chapter 33.

(I'm re-doing this chapter because I didn't like what I had before.)

David's POV.

You know, it's getting easier, like the sadness is slowly but actually fading. Well, the sadness she made me feel. Not my general sadness. Because instead of thinking about all our good times, I think of all the shit she's done to cause me pain. And it's sad that she hurt me more than make good memories with me. At least I don't have to deal with more hurt from her, and I think I'm finally realizing my worth.

I was making my way to Math class when Jessica ran up to me.

"Hey, D," She said, matching her pace with mine.

"Oh, hey, babe," I said back to her.

"Please don't find this weird but-"

"What, do I have gum on my shoes?" I interrupted, checking the bottom of my shoes.

"No, dumby!" She said, nudging me. She quietly giggled as we both walked into the school building, "I thought you should know that being happy looks really good on you,"

My cheeks turned into the light red shade. Like they always do.

"I kept glancing over at you today during first hour and you seemed genuinely happy," She continued.

A goofy grin was soon plastered across my face.

"It was really cute." She lastly said, as we both arrived Math class.

"Thank you, J." I told her, as I pulled her in for a hug.

I held the back of her head, as she planted a soft kiss to my chest. I saw Liza past by us. She kept her eyes on the ground, not bothering to look at us.

I opened up the classroom door for Jessica, allowing her to walk in first. Before I entered class, I looked over at Liza as she disappeared in the hallway. Why did she seem so,

Sad?

Why wasn't she with her boyfriend?

Why do I care?

I sat down in my seat, Jessica coming up to sit next to me.

****

I sat myself down with Scotty, Toddy, Heath and Zane during lunch.

"I thought you died," Zane said, his tone humorous.

"Me too." Scotty agreed, leaning over to look at me.

"Yeah, I missed you guys," I told them.

"Are you still the same bitchass you were when I last talked to you?" Heath asked, a huge smile appearing on his face to show he was kidding.

"Actually, no," I replied, putting a french fry into my mouth, "Bitchass David is far, far away." I added, returning the same smile.

I looked over at Toddy. He wasn't being obnoxious like how he usually is around me. He softly smiled at me as he threw me a welcoming nod. "Glad to have you back, dude." He told me.

I slightly smiled at him. The rest of lunch going by fast.

I hung out with them during free period. Jessica came to say hi to me, and immediately left with Cynthia.

We sat at a bench outside. I saw Liza walking around; alone still.

A part of me wanted to pay attention, but the other part of me said no. I'm so close to moving on; I can't let her draw me back in.

I put all my focus on to the boys, trying my absolute hardest to not get pulled in.

"What are you looking at?" Scotty asked, turning around to try to see what kept my eyes drawn.

"Nothing." I told him, blinking.

Heath then copied Scotty's movement; he turned around to see what my eyes were glued to.

He turned back around, then sighed, "You better not being looking at Liza." He told me.

"What?" I asked, laughing, "No, no, no. I'm not looking-"

"Seriously, David." Heath interrupted, "It took you so long to mend what she broke. Don't let her ruin you again."

"Why are you so hung up on Liza?" Toddy asked me.

"I'm not 'hung' up on her." I said, laughing.

"Yes you are." He simply said, "You needa' stop being an idiot and open up your eyes, dude."

"I don't care about her anymore."

"You mean that?" Todd asked.

"Yes.."

I looked back over at her, then back over at the boys,

"Of course I mean it.."