Chapter 23.

David's POV.

I woke up Saturday morning, feeling happier than ever. I kept checking my finger, making sure it was still purple, to make sure that this all wasn't a dream. My whole attitude on Saturday was amazing. My dad questioned it, Scotty came over and questioned it. I was filled with so much joy. And there's only one, simple, small human being we can blame that on.

Sunday morning? Man, still pretty happy. I kept talking about the kiss to Scotty, Zane & Toddy. Pretty sure they got annoyed at some point. But what can I say? Liza's my favorite subject.

Monday rolled on by fast. Things happen faster when you're happy. That's why relationships happen so quickly, and heartbreak lasts. Why am I going off topic?

Monday morning, I jumped out of bed. Unlike any other normal school day, I was eager to go. And again, like I said, there's only one, simple, small human being we can blame that on.

I slipped on my black jeans, black shirt, my black vans and got my keys & my backpack. I fixed myself up, making sure I looked "presentable." Man, I couldn't wait to see Liza again.

I was still so overly filled with joy, I walked myself to school with Heath. I never walk to school.

***

8:20am. The first bell rang. I walked with Scotty & Toddy to our classes. They were talking about Toddy's "girlfriend." He tried getting me upset that morning, but I was kept sane. One simple, small human being.

As I walked in the hallway full of crowded teenagers, I kept my eyes out for Liza. I had thought I saw her a few times, false alarms, though.

Scotty and Toddy's first period class was right across from mine. We drifted apart, not even noticing ourselves. I tippy toed over numerous people, as I kept trying to find Liza.

I hope she's here. I mumbled as I plopped myself against the wall.

Alex walked up to me. He softly nudged my shoulder as he smiled, "Hey, Dobrik."

I smiled, happy to see his face. "Dobrik?" I asked, "Okay, Liza." I said. She always calls me by that.

He chuckled as he smiled down at the floor, rocking back and forth on his heels. "So," He started, as he looked up at me, "Did you-" He started hip thrusting, finishing his question with motions, "On Friday?"

I pushed him as I laughed, "No," I said, "No, I didn't."

Liza had finally just entered the building. My face immediately lit up, "Hold on, Alex," I said before walking off and towards her.

"Hey, Liza." I said, catching up to her side.

"Hey, David." She said back.

"You okay?" I asked, my smile slowly dying down.

"Yeah? Why do you ask?" She spoke, not looking up at me when she talked.

"Because," I started, "Since when do you call me by David?" I asked, pointing it out.

"I didn't call you by your last name. That automatically means I'm upset?" She said, as she finally looked up at me.

"No." I mumbled. "It's just not you." I lastly said.

"I'm fine." She told me, as she stopped at the entrance of her class.