Chapter 29.

David's POV.

I got to school Monday morning. I saw Liza walking through the halls; I stopped smiling at her every time. We were right back to where we were at when I first came; strangers.

The person I wanted to talk to first was Jessica.

"Hey," I said, standing next to her against the wall.

"Hey, Davey," She said back.

"I wanna talk about what happened between us at the party." I told her, as I rocked back and forth on the heels of my feet.

"What about it?" She asked, twirling her hair between her fingers.

"I was really drunk at the time and," I started to rub the back of my neck, "No feelings attached, right?"

"Definitely not." She answered back, smiling, "I was a bit drunk, too. It's all good, D."

I slightly smiled out of relief. The last thing I needed was to hurt someone else.

"I have a question." I said, after staying silent for awhile, "Can I take you out?" I blurted out.

"You wanna take me out?" She asked, with a goofy grin on her face.

"Yeah.." I mumbled. "I dunno, I feel extremely bad for the way I treated you. I feel like I tossed you around, in a way?" I explained myself, struggling a bit. "I feel like a douche and I just wanna make it up to you." I finally said.

Jessica kept the goofy grin on her face, "You're so cute," She said, as she ruffled my hair, "I will gladly go out with you."

I stopped being anxious, a calm smile appearing on my face, "Thanks, I guess," I said to her first comment. "How about tomorrow night? Milkshakes on me."

"Definitely. It's a date." She said.

"Thank you." I told her, giving her a soft smile. "I'll see you around," I finally said, as I walked off.

"See you around," She said back to me.

Jessica was the only girl, besides Liza, that I was soft towards. Even though I never put effort into any conversation I ever shared with Jessica. I just have a spot for her in my heart. She can never compare to Liza, though.

That day went by fast. I went to all my classes, Jacobsen asked how I was doing, Heath called me a pussy ass bitch, Zane gave me a hug after Heath was done mentally abusing me, Alex said hi to me during passing period, Scotty and I talked, still didn't see Dom, saw Liza during lunch making out with her boyfriend - like always, talked to Carly and Erin, and Toddy - I don't wanna talk about him.

During science class, I turned around to grab a pen from my backpack. Without looking, I pulled one out. The pink one, specifically. I smiled to myself, Liza loved this one.

I turned back around, I knew that I would start thinking about her and I wouldn't stop. So I tried with my hardest to put my mind to something else.

But that didn't last long.

I did my work, Liza's voice going through my head. I thought about the feeling I got when we kissed. Everything bad in the world drifted away. I thought about the way her small hand fit perfectly in my large one. Every time we held hands, I always held hers tight. As if I'd lose her forever if I didn't.

Guess I didn't hold it tight enough.

I thought about her smile. That god damn smile. I thought about her eyes. Every time she talked about anything she loved, she'd get a gold sparkle in them. Does she get that look when she talks about me?