Chapter 7.

David's POV.

Days at Gateway High were normal. Pretty boring. Every morning Liza would ask how I was and I would always tell her I was good and then she would disappear and Alex would pass me and give me a caution look.

My other friends would ask me here and there if I had something for Liza; I would always tell them no. I mean, maybe a little. Not a lot, though. I don't know.

It was around twelve in the afternoon, which meant lunch time.

I stood in the lunch line, talking to Carly and Erin. During the fifteen minute wait, my eyes would occasionally wander to the entrance door to see if Liza has walked in or not.

Whenever I didn't see her, I would turn back to Carly and Erin and continue talking, teasing and laughing.

I kept turning around checking if Liza was here, and eventually she came. She walked towards the line, with a huge smile on her face. And I looked at her, smiling back.

"Hey, Li-"

She passed right by me and went to hug her boyfriend, Victor, who was a few people in front of me.

I played it cool, and brushed it off my shoulder. I went back to talking to Carly and Erin, acting as if nothing happened.

I peeked out my head out to the side to look over at Victor and Liza, watching as they kissed each other and watching how genuinely happy Liza was. I got a sick twisting in my stomach, was it jealously? Nah, it can't be. I don't have feelings for her, I shouldn't be feeling like this.

I peeked back in and my mood went slightly down. We eventually grabbed our food and I headed over to Scotty's and Toddy's table, not really saying anything.

Toddy looked over at me, "Hey, David,"

"Hey," I said, quietly, as I looked down at my phone.

Scotty looked at me as well, "Hey, man!"

Zane took a sip of his soda and nodded at me, "Hey, Dave,"

I nodded at all of them and popped a french fry into my mouth.

They all went back to their conversations, as I sat there eating my lunch, staring at Liza and her boyfriend. I stared at Liza mostly. I don't have a thing for her. No way.

"Hey, dude, you okay?" Scotty asked me, nudging me softly to grab my attention.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I asked, turning to look at him as I place another fry in my mouth.

"You aren't talking as much," He said.

"No. I'm good." I told him, softly smiling, "I was just thinking about the homework that was due today for Math," I lied.

Scott nodded at me, and I began teasing Zane as I always did every lunch period.

I have feelings for Liza. Would I ever tell her? Nah. Would I ever say anything to Alex? Probably not. Would I ever look at myself in the mirror and say that? No. I liked her. And it hurt to admit that to myself.