Chapter 36.

David's POV.

Losing Jessica that afternoon didn't faze me at all. It was a much bigger deal to her, though.

She started hanging out with Brian, her ex. Maybe she thought doing that would get me jealous. And although I didn't care, it still got under my skin. Fucking ironic, right?

Hanging out with her ex wasn't the only thing she was planning on doing to "get back" at me. She did something worse. Much worse.

During lunch, she stood on top of the table she and her friends were at and obnoxiously yelled out something I didn't know.

"Hey, Juniors and Seniors, guess what?!" She yelled through her hands so her voice reached the farther people.

Everybody almost immediately dropped what they were doing and turned to look at Jessica; including me.

"Liza Koshy got raped by Anthony Knight last Wednesday!" She told everyone, laughing afterwards.

Brian looked up at Jessica, "Babe, everyone knows that already." He said.

"David doesn't." She told him. She then looked over at me, "Did you hear me, pretty boy? Your favorite got raped! Do you still love her now?"

Everyone started laughing. Even Toddy.

I glared at Todd, until he stopped laughing.

I looked over at the boys, "Did you guys' know about this?" I asked.

"Of course they knew!" Jessica answered for them, "Everyone knew. I'm surprised you didn't."

"Shut the hell up, Jessica." I said to her.

Everyone in the cafeteria started laughing, I couldn't do anything to make them stop.

I grabbed my backpack off the floor and swung it over my shoulders. "You're a bitch." I told Jessica, as I headed towards the two exit doors.

"You're welcome, honey." She told me, her tone full of sass. She got off the table and sat back down next to Brian, them both starting to laugh uncontrollably.

I was raging with anger. How can a simple person be so fucked up?

Behind me I heard footsteps. The same footsteps I heard the day I was sitting at the bench.

I turned around, and it was Alex. No surprise.

"I'm sorry," Alex mumbled.

"Did you know?.." I asked him, as my eyes began tearing up.

"What?" He asked.

"Did you know?" I repeated, sternly.

He didn't answer. Instead he just stood there, with a guilty face.

I looked up at him, I was overfilling with anger that the only thing I could do was cry.

With tears rolling down my cheeks I pushed him, "You fucking knew, didn't you?" I asked him again.

"Chill out, dude." He softly told me.

I pushed him again, this time much harder, "You knew it! You knew it, just like everyone else!" I yelled at him, my voice cracking due to all the tears.

"David, calm down."

"No, fuck you, Alex!" I pushed him yet again, "I'm not going to calm down!" I pushed him right into the wall.

He held his hands up as his guard, but I immediately grabbed them both and pushed them out the way. I held him against the wall, as I held onto the collar of his shirt. I made a fist, and aimed it as close to his face as I could, "Why isn't anyone doing shit?!" I aggressively asked.

He didn't answer, he allowed himself to be in that position.

I glared at him with my furrowed eyebrows, until I eventually eased up on him. I let go of his shirt, as I released my fist and backed away.

"You know what, Alex," I started.

He looked at me as he fixed his shirt,

"Out of everyone in this fucked up school, I thought you were the only real one I had." I told him.

He continued staring at me, almost too terrified to tell me anything.

I began making my way to leave the school. Until he yelled out something,

"No one has anyone in this school."

"I have Liza." I corrected him.

And she has me.