Chapter 28.

David's POV.

Most nights I find myself staring up at the ceiling. I think a lot about things. I wonder, and I'm curious, and my mind is easily distracted.

I thought about Dom one night. What happened to him? I never see him in the halls, I never see him during lunch. Is he still even in high school?

I remember the day I first came to Gateway High. Alex was the first person to acknowledge me. Ha, I miss him. I met Corinna, Mason and Dom that same day. Ha, I miss them, too.

Dom was the one who showed me Liza. I can't believe I didn't find her attractive. Maybe it's because I fell for her mind, more than her appearance.

My thoughts about her are different now. Her appearance to me is just a bonus.

Well. Used to be.

I remember the day we started talking. The night of the dance. Man, I tried so hard to impress her that night.

I wish I could go back to that night. So I could at least stop myself.

It's so heartbreaking to me how love works. I feel like God puts us all against each other. I feel like we love the people we can't have; and ignore the people we should have. Is it me that's the problem, or is it Liza?

Am I the stupid one for wanting a girl who 'doesn't want me'? Or is Liza the stupid one for ignoring the boy she's supposed to be with?

I probably sound cocky right now, but I truly, honestly, completely believe I'm the one for her. I'm the one she really needs.

Maybe I'm not the one who needs saving; maybe it's her.

I could go on and on about Liza. And the affect she has on me. I love when we tease each other. I always make up random scenarios of us two. Like, I daydream about us being married and having kids and her pursuing her dream of acting and me, being me.

I'd be so proud to have her.

It breaks my heart because I knew Liza meant what she said to me that night. And that morning. No matter how many times I thought myself she was lying; I knew she meant it.

I wonder what she's doing right now? Is she with him or is she alone? Is she sleeping peacefully? I bet she looks precious.

Does she still think of me?

Maybe I'm gonna be the one embarrassing myself at the end. Maybe everything that I'm saying now is gonna flip on me later. Maybe she isn't my soulmate and maybe she wants to be where she is right now.

But I love her. I love her so much. Everything she is. I love her.

Even when I'm angry at her, she's still the person I want to hug. Even when she's hurt me with her words, I still wanna listen to her sweet voice. Even when I'm crying my eyes out because of her, I still wouldn't turn to anyone but her.

I'm so in love with Liza.

I just wanna' be something to her.

"Hey, David!" My dad barged into my room.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"It's 12. You better go to sleep." He said.

"Okay." I mumbled.

Liza, please come back.