~3~

The day was finally over

The day was finally over. Lunch was uneventful and so was the remaining of the day. No one in this damn big building seems to like me, but I guess it's okay because I've lived my entire life without any friends, and look how amazing I turned out. I'm currently walking to the elevator, ignoring the wide range of stares I'm receiving. These people have no fricking shame; they don't even have the respect to look away when I catch them staring.

I was happy when I made it to the elevator and found that there was no one there. The elevator was finally empty, no more stares. I feel so much more comfortable now. I lean against the wall and let out a breath. Its only my first day and I sense so much hate coming my way. The only person that actually seems to like me is Shane and-

Oh god. Shane.

I wonder if Aidan actually talked to him? He wouldn't have, right? I mean, he would just believe what I said.

Who am I kidding? Aidan is a jerk and he's going to find out that Shane barely even knows me. Now, I'm feeling a bit panicky. What the hell is going to happen when Aidan realizes I'm a liar. Maybe he'd take the hint that I lied so he could leave me alone, then do just that; leave me alone.

Aidan obviously wants sex, and as hot as he may be, I'll have to refuse. He doesn't fucking like me. He likes what I can give him. And since I can't really give him anything, or won't give him anything, he should leave me, yeah? And go find another guy.

The elevator stopped on the eight floor and the doors opened. I almost choked on air and fell to the ground. It was Shane, standing outside the doors. His eyes met mine for a brief moment and I looked away. Oh god. What the hell am I going to say? I have to ride this elevator from the eighth floor to the first, with Shane. Gosh, I'm too awkward for these types of situations.

I bit my lip softly as the doors closed and I looked at the wall on the opposite side of the elevator. Why can't we reach fucking one! I just hope he doesn't say anything. I would much rather have an awkward silence than an awkward conversation.

"Hey," he says and I internally groan. I run my tongue on the inside of my cheek and looked up as the numbers slowly descended.

"Hey."

"So today, I had a pretty... revealing conversation with Aidan. Apparently, I'm in a relationship."

"Hmm..." I mumble. I'm not admitting to anything... I think.

"Yeah, oddly enough his name is Josh, and he works here," I know Shane was looking at me. Maybe I should just tell him what happened. That I was an idiot and I used him to lie to a guy that's totally hot but has the worst personality. That sounds good, right?

"Okay, I'm sorry. But I needed to tell the guy I had a boyfriend because he uh likes me I guess, but he didn't believe me when I said you were my boyfriend, so he asked you about it and like I really don't mean anything by it. I mean, I don't like you like that, you're like good looking but I know you don't even know me and why am I still talking?" I hit my forehead with my palm and turned away. Where is my brain? I am such an idiot. I know my explanation could have been so much shorter than that. I'm nervous and scared. I can feel my cheeks- in fact, my entire body heating up. I am not accustomed to these kinds of situations!