~25~

Aidan stared at me also, then bit his bottom lip

Aidan stared at me also, then bit his bottom lip. He opened his mouth to say something, but another voice interrupted him. "So, this is your sissy boyfriend?" the voice said from behind me. I turn around, just to be shoved back into Aidan. The face to the voice seemed vaguely familiar, but any hope of me remembering the face was wiped when he forcefully connected his fist with my cheek. I stumbled backwards as my hand went to my already bruised face.

"Fuck off, man," Aidan says as he stepped to the guy. He shoved him backwards also, then threw a punch, which looked extremely painful. Aidan got angry, as did the guy, who I still can't remember how I know him exactly. He returned a punch to Aidan, which I know from personal experience, hurts. An obvious fight broke out and I felt like there were heavy, metal clamps, keeping my feet planted to the ground. I watched as Aidan began to successfully get the guy down, and soon climbed on top him to abuse his face even more. When suddenly, two other guys joined in and they weren't on Aidan's side.

The pain in my face felt like nothing compared to the pain in my chest when I realized Aidan wasn't winning anymore. He was being beaten, badly. I began to move from where I stood immobile, to get to Aidan. But as I started to do that, I felt someone gripping my both arms behind me, that way I couldn't get out.

"Watch your fag boyfriend get beaten," he said in my ears, and a single tear rolled down my cheeks. They all tackled Aidan and I couldn't do anything. I wanted to close my eyes, but I had to make sure Aidan was still alive. I tried to wiggle out of this person's tight grip but I was unsuccessful. All I wanted to do was make sure he's okay.

The crowd has already gathered and they weren't on Aidan's side either. It seemed like none of them even saw me being held down here, and all of them was for this gay bashing. They were all cheering as though it's okay – as though holding me down to watch someone beat up my boyfriend is fucking okay. It's fucking not and I want them to stop.

As I go to voice what I was thinking, another guy, who was obviously part of these attackers, slapped me across my face. My face fell downwards and so did my tears. Soon, I was forcefully shoved forward to Aidan. Everyone had dispersed and it was just the single guy who was holding me to leave. I wanted to curse him, but my main priority wasn't acting like an idiot here, it was Aidan.

He laid on the ground groaning in pain, making me feel even more horrible about myself. This is all my fault. He came out because I pressured him to, then his father kicked him out and he gets beaten up because of it. I'm so stupid; why should it even matter if he's out or not?

"I'm so sorry, Aidan," I mutter, trying not for the tears to fall as rapidly as they want to. My finger ran down his bruised cheek and he winced softly, making me instantly pull back. "This is my fault, I'm sorry," I don't know what else to tell him and I feel fucked up for that. I took his hand in mine and placed a gently kiss on it. "I should take you to the hospital..."

I stare at him as he shook his head weakly. He let out a soft sigh as he continued to shake his head. "Please, Aidan, let me take you to the hospital."

"No..." he gets out.

"Okay," I sigh, "okay, I won't take you there." I bite my bottom lip as I tried to gently get him up. I don't want to hurt him anymore than those douches already did. I can't stand to see him in anymore pain. I managed to get him up, with minimum wincing from him, then we began to slowly walk to my car. After putting him in the passenger seat, I quickly went around to the driver's seat and started the car.

~

I scrolled through Google, searching for a website to help me deal with Aidan's cuts and bruises. I could care less about how my face looks right now; it's nothing compared to Aidan. Should I just clean it and leave it, or do I have to do some kind of complicated stitching of his skin.

Wait, I don't even think there are that big cuts. I bite my bottom lip as I blink down at his passed-out body on my couch. I don't understand why he doesn't want me to take him to the hospital. He's passed out and I'm searching through these websites and I still have no idea what the hell to do. My heart is beating out of my chest because I can't tell if he's still breathing.

I rush to him and rest my ear on his chest, then check his pulse also. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized he was still alive. His heart was beating like normal and it was probably the best sound I've ever heard. I took a seat, finally, on a separate couch and stared at him. I'm not going to sleep until he wakes up and I know he's okay. Or am I supposed to wake him?

Moments later, a wave of relive took over me, when I saw him begin to blink his eyes and they slowly opened. I bite my bottom lip as I went to him, and I cautiously guided him to sit up slowly – that's what the website says I should do. Aidan stared at me for a moment the blinked away. He said, "I'm fine," in a soft voice. I raked my brain for something to say that wasn't a stupid question. Unfortunately, I didn't look hard enough because I ended up asking, "Does it hurt?"

Aidan stared at me, giving me an 'obviously' look. I bite my bottom lip and blinked away from him, embarrassed. "Uh thanks, anyway, for doing this," he says softly. I smiled to myself and opened my mouth to say something, but then began to frown when I realized he was getting up. I stood up also and furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at him, trying to walk to the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask as I walked to get in front of him, "Your injured, you can't leave."

Aidan furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm fine, trust me. And I have to leave."

"No, please," I rest my hand on his chest, "At least take a shower or something..."

"Josh, I really should go," he nods his head at me. I feel my heart breaking again one hundred more times. I bite my bottom lip and my breathing rate picked up as the thought of him leaving me again, pops into my head. I say, "Please, Aidan, can you just stay the night and you can leave tomorrow if you want. I just need to know you're okay tonight. Please."

He lets out a soft sigh and bit his bottom lip, then he nodded his head, "Fine."

I smile and let out a relieved breath, "Great. Would you like something to eat?"

"No. I just want to shower," he says roughly. I blink down and nod my head then begin to walk back to the couch, "Uh you know where the bathroom is..." He was silent as he walked to my bathroom and I let out a soft sigh. There is no way he'll ever give me a second chance. He didn't even want to stay with me tonight. I practically had to beg, and even when he says yes, he still seems like I'm forcing him just so spend a single night with me. If it's going to be like this tonight, it's best he just leaves.

But I really don't want him to. I feel so much better knowing that he's with me. But can I really pressure him to stay; I already pressured him into coming out and that really didn't end well. So maybe I should just let him leave. He obviously doesn't want to be here, so as much as it hurts and kills me on the inside, I must give him what he wants, which is to leave.

I bite my bottom lip as realization hits me; Aidan and I will never be together again. He hates me and he has every reason to. I just have to live with it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slowly coming to an end... :'(