~16~

I'm really proud of myself for actually making it to work on time, with his coffee

I'm really proud of myself for actually making it to work on time, with his coffee. I plopped down on my seat, next to Brooke. Sometimes I think she lives in this place. How could she possibly be so early? Brooke looked over at me and smiled, then passed me a flier. I furrowed my eyebrows as I took the flier from her. I quickly read the enlarged, fancy title saying 'B&W's annual Christmas Party!'. According to the flier, it will be held here, in the building, next Saturday.

"Next Saturday?" I question.

"Yeah, we need time to prepare catering and stuff, you know. So therefore, do you know what I need you to do for me?"

"What?" I asked softly. Brooke laughed softly, "Well actually, you have a lot of things to do..."

She continued, "I need you to send some e-vites, I need you to also stick these up around the building; you can get a friend to help you, and you also need to book caters, and also find out from people how many plus one's they'll be bringing, and uhm... is that it?" she questioned herself. I sigh softly as the work began to pile. I should be getting paid extra for this. "For the entirety of this and next week, all we focus on is this party, because it has to be the most successful Christmas party in New York City, and if it's not, then I guess we'll all just hate you."

"Me?" I point to myself. She nodded, "Well you're responsible for it-"

"I'm responsible?" I cut her short, "Isn't this supposed to be you and the company's party?"

"Yes, Josh, but you're basically doing all the dirty work. But don't worry, when it's all done and you see the end product, you'll feel extremely happy about yourself."

"How great," I sarcastically mutter and turn in my seat, with the flier in my hand. I stared down at it. I doubt I would be even coming to this. I'm not a social person, and I would be the least likely to see at these types of functions. Plus, it's not like I wouldn't see the pictures or videos online. The company has a website, I'm positive it will be there. I don't have to show up.

"Okay, so here's a list of people who you need to send invites to," she passed me a sheet of paper, "and here's what you're actually sending. Get started on that, then when you're done, which I'm expecting would be a short while, you'll put these around," she says, referring to the fliers.

"Okay," I nod my head, and took the two sheets of paper. I began typing the invite. Thankfully, I am an extremely fast typist and I finished that letter in a short space of time, then it was just to send them all. After I was done, I stared across at Brooke. She smiled at me, "That's my boy."

I rolled my eyes and stood from my seat. Brooke showed me the location of a box of fliers and my eyes widened at the sight. Am I seriously supposed to put all of these things around this building? I don't even know where to start, because each floor has about five hundred different parts. I bite my bottom lip and took up the book onto my desk. "I'm supposed to walk around with this?" I ask her.