~12~

"Rae! I kissed a guy!" I excitedly squealed at her door as I knocked continuously, "He's like the only other guy I've ever kissed, and it was so perfect

"Rae! I kissed a guy!" I excitedly squealed at her door as I knocked continuously, "He's like the only other guy I've ever kissed, and it was so perfect... but then I got a really unnecessary phone call..." I continued to knock on her door, but got no reply. I groan softly and knock one last time. She's obviously not here but I wish the door would tell me where she was. I want to talk to her and vent. I want to tell her that maybe I'm feeling something for Shane again, and completely hating Aidan right now. I want her to eat my ice-cream and give me advice. But she's not here and I have no one. I feel so alone in this world.

I walk across to my door and enter, quickly closing the door behind me. I drop myself on the couch and close my eyes. I want to sleep forever, but I have things to do... things I can't recall right now. I laid there for a while, wishing I never had to get up again. Not long after, my phone began to ring, and as much as I didn't want to move to get it, I had to because I wanted it to be Rae. Unfortunately, when I checked the phone, it wasn't Rae. It was Aidan, again. I rolled my eyes and declined.

Doesn't he get that I don't want to speak to him. I don't want to see him; I don't want anything to do with him. He's a douche and he doesn't care about anyone besides himself. We have barely been in a proper relationship and he had already made me feel like I should give up on relationships on the whole. He has me thinking that being single for the entirety of high school was a good thing.

The phone began to ring again, but I didn't answer. Aidan is extremely perseverant, I must admit. If I still wanted to see him, I'd feel special that he's calling so much. Aidan continued to call and I continued to ignore.

Well that is until I couldn't handle it any longer. It went to the point where I felt like throwing my phone against the wall, but then I remembered I have no money to buy a new one, so I just answered. His voice sounded full of relief when I did answer. "Thank you for answering."

"I was actually not going to answer until like about three hours passed then give you some kind of really stupid excuse as to why," I say. I wish he was here right now to see the look on my face; that absolute uncaring facial expression. I can't believe I liked him.

"Josh, what do you want me to do? I will do anything for your forgiveness."

I dryly chuckled, "You sound so pathetic."

Aidan groaned, "Please, at least try. I'm sorry that I'm such a screw up, okay? But can you just try?"

"Try what? I've been trying! And yes, you are a screw up... at least we can agree on something."

"Don't you like me?"

"Wow, Aidan, you have some nerve. You know how I feel about you, why still ask? How will that help?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know, maybe if you said it out loud, you'd realize you're being stupid and take me back. You'd realize that I'm human and I make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that I don't care for you. Maybe you'd even realize that you're over-reacting just a little bit, or that as much as you hate to say it you really want me. Or, maybe you'd see that I'm trying here, and it's not as easy for me to be with you as you think. That maybe there are something you don't know that you'd be able to find out if you take me back and try with me."