~8~

I feel like such a whore

I feel like such a whore. I wish I wouldn't have to face Shane on Monday. It would be so fucked up to know that after I went out on a date with him, I came home and got together with Aidan. I can't tell him that. I know I agreed to be friends, but I'm beginning to think that maybe it might be a little awkward. Should I even tell him I have a boyfriend?

Wait... Aidan isn't my boyfriend... and even if he was, he wants it to be secret... okay, I want it to be secret. I already get so much negative attention for being gay, far less if they found out I'm with the boss' son. I am completely convinced (by myself) to just quit that judgmental job and go back to working with the feet of New Yorkers.

I'm too naïve for all this. See, it was so much better when I was invisible to the entire male population. I slowly chewed on a handful of popcorn, my eyes remaining on the television screen. I decided since today was Sunday, I should give myself a day off from everything; guys and work. I love being alone. It's one of the reasons why I had no friends. Loneliness is okay for me. I could stay alone all day, but unfortunately that's not how the world works.

"I'm guessing yesterday was really good," Rae entered my apartment and shut the door behind her, as if she help pay the bills here. I stared up at her in shock, but she just brushed me off and plopped down on my couch. She dug her hand in my bowl of popcorn, "So what happened? I know he only left this morning."

"Were you stalking me or something?" I raise an eyebrow. Yes, Aidan did leave this morning, but nothing really happened. We only talked for some time, kiss a little, then slept. Nothing too extravagant there.

"That doesn't matter," she rolled her eyes, "Is he like your new boyfriend?"

"I don't know," I honestly tell her. I let out a breath, "I seriously don't know what to call us. I mean, we made out and I like him and he likes me, but we barely know each other and we haven't even been on a date. Although he did promise me a date soon."

"You're practically dating," she smiles.

"Really?"

"Yeah, totally," Rae continued to grin. I sit back in the couch and smile to myself. It's strange to think this is actually me. I mean, I'm dating a guy. I never thought that would have ever come too past. I'm such a loner, how could any guy be interested in me? I feel proud of myself, for being myself and having someone like me. And he isn't bored of me... I think. If he calls me today, as he said, then I'd definitely know if he's really into me, or if he just wanted someone to distract him yesterday.

If that happens to be the case, I swear, I'll murder him. Or at least try... he's really huge...

After, I'll probably cry. I know myself, and it makes no sense to lie right now. If I find out Aidan just wanted my body yesterday, I'll cry. I curse and cry and stay away from human activity. I'd feel hurt, because even though I don't know him well, I still have feelings for him.