~20~

It feels good to have him embrace me as we slept, once more

It feels good to have him embrace me as we slept, once more. Aidan is the only person I feel comfortable enough to sleep with. And I love the fact that I don't have work today. I can actually sleep in. However, since my body is programmed to wake up early, I do. I'm just staring up at the ceiling then occasionally at him.

Thankfully, my phone began to ring to interrupt my boring staring. I lean across to my bedside table and quickly swipe the screen to answer it. I heard Shane's voice and I smile. "You miss me, don't you?" I ask jokingly, then sat up and hung my legs off the bed.

"No, I don't," Shane defended, "But I'm certain you miss me."

"Hey, you're the one who called," I rolled my eyes and stood up. I decided to get myself something hot to drink. I would like to make one for Aidan, but I have no idea when he'll be up.

"Fine, do you want me to hang up?"

I laughed softly, "Shane, what do you want?"

"Uh are you going to the party?" he asked me, and I obviously knew what was going to be his next question. I bite my bottom lip and blink away from my coffee maker to my bedroom entrance. There I found Aidan lazily walking out and yawning. I smiled, "Uh I'm so sorry, but I'll have to call you back."

I didn't only do that to avoid his question, but so I could also have Aidan right now. Honestly, I don't want to go to that Christmas party, especially if I have to go with Shane. I mean, he's not a horrible person – he's actually really nice and he's good looking – but my heart belongs to someone else, whether I like it or not. Plus, I think Shane and I should just be friends.

Aidan stepped to me, smiling. He said, "No make-up today?"

My jaw dropped and my eyes widen, but as I was about to say something, he leaned in and pecked my cheek, "I'm only joking, babe."

"You're annoying," I roll my eyes and began to walk away. He laughed, "You're beautiful, Josh," he says behind me, making me blush as I walked away. I didn't even drink my coffee, but I just feel like I have to shower before having any type of interaction with Aidan. I'm just insecure like that.

"I'm drinking your coffee," Aidan called as I stepped into the bathroom. I have no problem with that; I'm certain I wouldn't have drank it anytime today. I make my shower shorter, so I could get changed quickly and talk to Aidan. "How do you survive in this place?" Aidan asked me.

"I'm accustomed to it," I roll my eyes and tell him. I know Aidan is all about space and a roomy living room and Kitchen. But I'm totally cool with my small apartment. It's so cozy here and everywhere is a short distance apart. I can't help if I like that kind of feel.

Aidan entered the room when I was already dried and in boxers, which I'm sort of happy about. It's better than him walking in when I was completely naked. I'm horrible in those situations.